de badge

This is how my car looks now. Its a **** photo I know (iphone in fading light), but I don't have any better ones. It looks much less cluttered at the back when its like this.

IMGP2991.jpg

I would first assume that after spraying the panel they have stuck the badges back on with some sort of super glue, hence the reason why the paint came off with it when you tried to remove them. Ridiculous!

Anyway, just to annoy - this is how it will look when you get it all fixed up and badges gone... i assume yours is Albi??

C197.jpg

a badge removal shouldnt bring the paint off - the paint has not been applied correctly or the badge fitted when the paint was still not fully dry !!!!!

warranty claim as its faulty workmanship :thumbdown:

went up to the garage today, they called the bodyshop and i took it round, guys not sure why its took the paint off, he thinks it mite be the glue reacting with the paint. thinks its getting resprayed FOC. its been a bad weekend al round for the clio. i havnt been happy with the breaks for a while, so went to "strip and clean the breaks" for starters, the wheels wer soild on the car, had to smack them off from the in side with a bit of 2x4 and a big hammer, then found the retaing pins that hold the pads in wer soild too. checked the inside of the disks and there rotten, like the calipers have not been working right since i had got the car 6 months ago, so basicly the car was not checked over properly, told the the service manager all this today, got it booked in for thursday, so hopefully theyl replace the dics and pads but iam not holding my breath. i feel very let down.

went up to the garage today, they called the bodyshop and i took it round, guys not sure why its took the paint off, he thinks it mite be the glue reacting with the paint. thinks its getting resprayed FOC. its been a bad weekend al round for the clio. i havnt been happy with the breaks for a while, so went to "strip and clean the breaks" for starters, the wheels wer soild on the car, had to smack them off from the in side with a bit of 2x4 and a big hammer, then found the retaing pins that hold the pads in wer soild too. checked the inside of the disks and there rotten, like the calipers have not been working right since i had got the car 6 months ago, so basicly the car was not checked over properly, told the the service manager all this today, got it booked in for thursday, so hopefully theyl replace the dics and pads but iam not holding my breath. i feel very let down.

thats not good at all :@

if you take wheels off always apply some grease or copperslip to the wheel hubs centre spigot - just a thin smear this saves having to hammer the wheels off !!!

and a yearly brake strip and clean will save you money in the long run :thumbup1:

thats not good at all :@

if you take wheels off always apply some grease or copperslip to the wheel hubs centre spigot - just a thin smear this saves having to hammer the wheels off !!!

and a yearly brake strip and clean will save you money in the long run :thumbup1:

yeah, well before iv done al my own work, i copper greased al the nuts and did the wheel centers before putting them back on. abit of time and care saves time in the long run,

Thats shocking mate I cant believe its brought the paint off too!

I should hope it would be FOC its not like its anything you could help! Its the painter who messed up.

Again I hope you manage to get the brakes sorted at the same time, without issues. It always seems to be the case that problems all come at the same time. But at least it means you can get it sorted together and then it will be smooth running!

white spirit>>> paint thinner oh dear lord. The paint peeling issue is terrible hope that doesnt happen to mine