Decat pipe and lambda sensor query

DRaider

Gold Member
I will be fitting a Decat pipe in replacement to my standard cat convertor. i am just after abit of advice from any others running a decat.

once the Decat pipe is fitted, will I need to purchase a lambda sleeve/ blank for the lambda sensor after the cat?
or can I simply connect it back to the hole provided on the Decat pipe.
Does that hole in the Decat pipe act as a blank itself?

i don't have the pipe yet otherwise I'd just look at it haha.
just need to know whether or not I need to purchase a blank for the sensor.

ive tried to explain it the best I can :tongueout: sorry if this has been covered before.

item purchased: scorpion Decat pipe
car: Clio rs200

f387ddec151cd81348805ee0aa89b6bf_zpscol2g4nx.jpg
(Pic belongs to google..)

thanks in advance...

As said above, the lambda sensor screws into the de cat pipe, where the nut is welded in place on the pipe. Though the lambda sensor may be difficult to unscrew from the original due to corrosion on the cat and years worth of heat cycles with it expanding and contracting.

What I did to remove my lambda sensor is I heated the pipe around the sensor (almost glowing) and then it would come out. It should go straight into the new pipe. Try not to get the sensor too hot (just the old pipe around it) you'll knacker it.

Your lambda that screws into the cat will just now screw into the decat pipe.

As said above, the lambda sensor screws into the de cat pipe, where the nut is welded in place on the pipe. Though the lambda sensor may be difficult to unscrew from the original due to corrosion on the cat and years worth of heat cycles with it expanding and contracting.

What I did to remove my lambda sensor is I heated the pipe around the sensor (almost glowing) and then it would come out. It should go straight into the new pipe. Try not to get the sensor too hot (just the old pipe around it) you'll knacker it.

Thanks for the replies. :smile:

If the lambda is screwed directly into the decat pipe, will it not receive a false reading?

Or is the nut just welded onto the pipe and act like a blank?

Sorry for the noobie questions, I would wait until I had it in front of me... just didn't want to get it and find out I need another part ordering.

Thanks

It screws in just as it does in the cat, If the emission warning comes on you can fit a mini cat which screws in the de cat pipe And the sensor screws into that, which fools the computer into thinking there is a cat in place. Though I would see if that's nessasery first.

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=4347&appid=3

Ahh that has cleared things up abit.
Thanks, I will send how i get on with it and go from there.

Thanks for the replies