Delphi discs and pads?

Had a massive issue yesterday when travelling back from work. Had to apply the brakes quite firmly due to someone pulling out and suddenly all braking power is lost.

Whilst gently applying the brakes now my car shudders and clunks and either locks up and skids or just glides without stopping.

Took it to my friendly neighbourhood mechanic who said that the brakes were 'cooked' and new pads and possibly discs are needed on the front. He then ordered a set of discs and pads for 90quid. Has anyone ever used Delphi before and is there anything I should be wary of? If I had the cash and the time I would have had the brembos ordered but this needed doing quick to get me back on the road.

I'll post a pic of what the disc looked like when he managed to get it off, he said he'd never seen on like it :S.

Delphi as a brand are quite good, many factory fit items on some manufacturers use Delphi, but saying that I wasn't aware that they made discs or pads, it's normally things such as ball joints, steering arms, TCA's etc.
are you sure they are Delphi?

Should do for now, i wont be hitting the track anytime soon so they should be ok for daily driving. Only problem is that currently the retaining pins have seized and my man cant get them out :S. I'm hoping by leaving it with him today that he'll be able to sort it!

crazy thing is that i was on my way to test drive the new fiesta st...maybe the Clio got jealous and tried to kill me before letting me trade her in!!!

I've got Delphi on mine, due to working for a motor factors and are a reliable brand and pretty good.

Been fine the whole time, had no issues and did a trackday with them! Still out braked most cars on track! So I can't fault them at all!

Ok that's not bad then. Only problem is that all in all it's gonna cost me about 210 quid for the this lot. I am considering trading the her in and getting a brand new fiesta ST. Test drive one yesterday and it was brilliant! (If just a little snug in the seats)

No more MOTs for a while, no falling apart, better fuel consumption and the option to remap for an awesome gain. Decisions....decisions. Gotta convince the missus first though :S