DIY Security Measures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey peeps,

Looking into security for the clio 200 and thought of if there is any tamper measures you can simply do when you leave it in a dodgy area or gone away on holiday for a long period. I.e. remove a specific fuse or unplug a connecting under the bonnet etc. Something really simple that does not required 6 hours labour to do lol.

Many thanks in advance.

Hey peeps,

Looking into security for the clio 200 and thought of if there is any tamper measures you can simply do when you leave it in a dodgy area or gone away on holiday for a long period. I.e. remove a specific fuse or unplug a connecting under the bonnet etc. Something really simple that does not required 6 hours labour to do lol.

Many thanks in advance.
That name tag might prevent you from getting many replies...

If there were, I highly doubt anyone is stupid enough to post it on a public forum...and certainly not in reply to someone whose first post is asking about clio security.

Someone enlighten me to the issue of his post ! He seems to be asking for DIY measures to keep his car safe . Not sure what the hate is about .lol

I'm with @Siliconsteve on this one. We don't have to initiate everyone, he respectfully asked a question. If he gets that kind of response on his first post then he's unlikely going to hang around, which is a shame.

Reactions: Siliconsteve
I'm with @Siliconsteve on this one. We don't have to initiate everyone, he respectfully asked a question. If he gets that kind of response on his first post then he's unlikely going to hang around, which is a shame.
Someone enlighten me to the issue of his post ! He seems to be asking for DIY measures to keep his car safe . Not sure what the hate is about .lol

If someone posted asking where you hide your spare door key in case you get locked out, you wouldn't tell them , would you?
Same goes for car security.
Also, on another site I was moderator of, every now and then we'd get someone new sign up and ask if you could start the car by bypassing the immobiliser, or what the easiest way was to get into the car if you've lost the key. Neither question is sensibly answered on a public forum.

@B00ST1NG if you're genuine I'm sure you'll perfectly understand the concerns, and welcome to the site:french:

Reactions: Pav and ///M
If someone posted asking where you hide your spare door key in case you get locked out, you wouldn't tell them , would you?
Same goes for car security.
Also, on another site I was moderator of, every now and then we'd get someone new sign up and ask if you could start the car by bypassing the immobiliser, or what the easiest way was to get into the car if you've lost the key. Neither question is sensibly answered on a public forum.

@B00ST1NG if you're genuine I'm sure you'll perfectly understand the concerns, and welcome to the site:french:
Sorry don't think you should assume what he meant and a MOD shouldn't jump on him either. That's what separates us from Clio sport !

Morning guys,

I only got the clio a week ago and I use the Facebook page more than the forum which i have done even before getting the clio due to owning a few Rs Meganes. So thought would be more safer to ask this on here rather than a social media site.

It's not really a clio question but more overall vehicle security on all cars as I have a astra vxr nurburgring too.

B00st1ng name is due to I used to have a 600+ bhp evo 10. I.e high boosting turbo.

When people post stupid repetitive questions on Facebook on other owner Facebook owners pages I always used to reply go use the search on the actual forum. So to try get new owners through the originol website forum. Now I understand how much backslash you can get from the forum itself.
More inclined for this to be the first and last post on here.

Lastly, thank you for the defence SiliconeSteve, Micah!

Innocent until proven guilty here. So I'm more than giving you the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise....

In saying that - I'm not sharing my security secrets.

Welcome aboard and enjoy the site :smile:

Reactions: Chris
Morning guys,

I only got the clio a week ago and I use the Facebook page more than the forum which i have done even before getting the clio due to owning a few Rs Meganes. So thought would be more safer to ask this on here rather than a social media site.

It's not really a clio question but more overall vehicle security on all cars as I have a astra vxr nurburgring too.

B00st1ng name is due to I used to have a 600+ bhp evo 10. I.e high boosting turbo.

When people post stupid repetitive questions on Facebook on other owner Facebook owners pages I always used to reply go use the search on the actual forum. So to try get new owners through the originol website forum. Now I understand how much backslash you can get from the forum itself.
More inclined for this to be the first and last post on here.

Lastly, thank you for the defence SiliconeSteve, Micah!

No backlash at all here, as my second post explained.
Surely as an owner you can understand why it's not the best idea to post Clio security-related information on a public forum? Incidentally, your first sentence states "Looking into security for the clio 200", which is why people thought it a strange first post.

Reactions: ///M
I can now see why the responses were as they were. Please don't let that put you off - put up a progress thread with some pictures (we all love pictures - especially Alien Green!) and you'll see what a great bunch we are.

Hello,

As above, think it's been clarified that there were no ill intentions, just concern for fellow members.

Personally I think it's a good thing that we have people (namely moderators) here looking out for all users, as innoncent as your post may or may not have been, Sean doesn't know you, and whilst it may have been a bit abrupt it's all for a good reason.

Do hope you decide to stick around and introduce yourself though, we are a good bunch on here, and that's from a fellow member as well as an admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.