DutchR27: Lower, wider, better, love it!

So, got my Eibachs fitted yesterday. Taking into account that an R27 is already 7mm lower that an 'normal' RS, is has been lowered by 13mm at the front and 18mm at the rear. The spacers are from Eibach also and are 25mm each, so 50mm pro axle. Did some bolt-spraying, some wheelcleaning and waxing.

Pictime:

Sprayed and sealed the bolts:
pict1580.jpg

Cleaned and sealed wheel:
pict1577m.jpg

Before spacers:
pict1551.jpg

After spacers:
pict1548.jpg

And all together it looks like this (phone pics):
imag0067c.jpg

imag0071.jpg

imag0070hu.jpg

That looks great! Have you noticed any difference to how it drives since doing the Eibachs and spacers?

That looks great! Have you noticed any difference to how it drives since doing the Eibachs and spacers?

I haven't drove that much to notice a big difference in the springs. But I got the spacers fitted for over one week now. The big difference is that the car is a bit seeking for it's line. It doesn't seem to want to drive straight ahead as it used to do, when braking and accelerating properly. But it is only a minor change, I can live with it, for all, I am not a track driver.

Last edited:
It looks good. :smile: I quite like the 25mm but as you said yourself maybe the 20mm maybe would have been enough?

Anyways, still looks great.

I haven't drove that much to notice a big difference in the springs. But I got the spacers fitted for over one week now. The big difference is that the car is a bit seeking for it's line. It doesn't seem to want to drive straight ahead as it used to do. But it is only a minor change, I can live with it, for all, I am not a track driver.

Have you had the alignment and tracking done since lowering the car? This will likely fix the problem,

so the eibachs are 6mm front and 11mm rear.?:blink::001_huh:

No... :lol: You must add up, don't deduct... So 20 and 25... :thumbup:

Let's say a normal 197's height is 100mm, the spings lower it bij 20 and 25mm. Turns out 80 and 75mm.

A 197 R27 has a height of 93mm. You take out the R27 springs (situation returns to the same as a normal 197 without springs) and fit the Eibachs and it will be 80 and 75mm. That makes: 93mm minus 80mm= 13mm and 83mm minus 75=18mm

Last edited:
No... :lol: You must add up, don't deduct... So 20 and 25... :thumbup:

Let's say a normal 197's height is 100mm, the spings lower it bij 20 and 25mm. Turns out 80 and 75mm.

A 197 R27 has a height of 93mm. You take out the R27 springs (situation returns to the same as a normal 197 without springs) and fit the Eibachs and it will be 80 and 75mm. That makes: 93mm minus 80mm= 13mm and 83mm minus 75=18mm

:lol:i know how lowing a car works:lol:
the reason i asked was because you said "take into account that an R27 sits 7mm lower to start"

are you saying that an R27 with eibachs will sit lower than a standard 197 with eibachs.?

nooo... Thats why it's only lowered by 13 and 18mm for my R27, but if you compare it with a 'normal' 197, it is the same lowering. :lol::thumbup:

oh.!
thought you were trying to say that a R27 on eibachs would sit lower than a 197 on eibachs.
its the spring that gives the hight so would both sit at same hight.

yeah, but because the ride height is allready lower, the eibachs don't achieve the full lowering, that's where the 18 and 13 come from. Glad we understand each other! :thumbup:

i think i know what you mean...
yours is only 18mm and 13mm lower than a standard R27.?

an R27 is only lower than a 197 due to the springs it has.you have removed the standard R27 springs which makes this irrelevant.
yours now sits the same hight as any 197 on the same springs.

I haven't drove that much to notice a big difference in the springs. But I got the spacers fitted for over one week now. The big difference is that the car is a bit seeking for it's line. It doesn't seem to want to drive straight ahead as it used to do, when braking and accelerating properly. But it is only a minor change, I can live with it, for all, I am not a track driver.
Have the same settings on my 197 but not the same problem about driving straight ahead :huh:
Maybe it's better to check your car geometry now that everything is done :smile:
Cheers mate !!!!

Last edited: