ECU Reset?

As i'm filling the car with V-Power, is there anything i can do to reset the ECU and so let it "re-learn" the fuel grade?

I remember you can do it with Subarus, not sure about a Clio??

Sorry if its a daft question in these circles :slap:

:biggrin:

From what I know the car is already mapped for 99 RON but will retard the timing if you put 95 in.

if you look on the inside of ure filler cap 99 is too good for the engine it says 95 to 98

best thing to do would be to disconnect the battery for 30 mins if you wanted to actually reset,

Otherwise it will detect the octane change anyway,

Thats fair enough, i'll just keep on driving as i am. Had the car in for a service today, new plugs etc and seems to be going even better, though it could actually be the super unleaded i guess if the ECU will adjust automatically 8)

I know science suggests it will make a difference but in reality it doesn't. 95 in mine runs as sweet as 99 anyday.

99 octane fuel is for cars that are mapped to run on 99 octane fuel.

Not standard map cars so it will do nothing apart from cost more to fill your car up.

Second;

As mentioned take the live off the battery for 20 mins to half an hour or carry on driving the car for about 3 or 4 tanks of v power.

That's how much fuel the ecu will need to adapt.

I hope this helps

The car has a knock sensor, so timing won't be retarded as it would with 95. You won't have any benefit over 98, but so what!

Used to have a bike that if you left it idling after a drive (long enough for it the get up to temp) until the radiator fan kicked in it would reset the map.

It's probably not the same but don't suppose anyone know if the clio has something similar?