Emission light Voodoo

catwalrus

Paid Member
Seems to be one thing after an other not days after I got the airbag lights sorted the little french one has decided its decat smells bad!

so CHECK EMISSIONS is on, came on mid motor way drive something I don't do allot.
Been a day or so now I have read a few threads put a fresh tank of fuel in but not really sure how to narrow it down.
Its running a ktr with a decat for 4 months so is it worth putting the cat back on?
Just a glitch should I be Patient?
what values voltage ect should the lambda's be putting out?

any suggestions welcome

if you have an obd2 you can check lambda function etc

most likely detected the cat missing and the emissions will be outside of what they should be...

Mine has a decat, panel filter and KTR remap. Had no problems with emissions light coming on which lead me to thinking a faulty Lambda. Like Foxspeed says, OBD2 shoud give live data feed?

might only be the motorway drive that did it...read the fault codes - reset it/clear it - see how it goes

not necessarily a "fault" as such just "failed to meet" emission requirements..thats the main reason for the second lambda...

Cheers chaps one last question if the emissions come back in line will the light go out or will it still need a reset. Our mechanic goes on holiday next week and I have no clue how to work our texa diagnosis system.