Engine Coolant

Searched the forum and found this:
http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?2077-Engine-Coolant/page3&highlight=coolant

Shows the exact symptoms as mine, Coolant level seems to have dropped since I last checked (All be it that was about 3 months ago). I'll pop to Renault at lunch time, pretty sure what's in there at the moment is Orange but I'm slightly concerned about the gushing water sound that comes when I started the car this morning. Is there anything else I need to look for?
The plastic Rivet holding it in place has snapped so I'll retro fit something at lunch time while I have all the equipment I need at work just worried something else could be wrong!

Thanks in advance.

coolant change is due at 5yrs...

maybe a different make has been used as there are different colours depending on what chemicals make up the coolant (ie don't mix different colours)

there might be some air not bleed out of the heater matrix - there is a bleed point on the hose that goes to it from the engine

if your coolant level isn't dropping then that's a good sign!

It is booked to be changed with my Cambelt + Waterpump in March, I don't have any documentation to say it's ever been touched.
What colour is the Renault stuff? Or is it easier to bleed the system and buy a new bottle from Renault?

Edit: I'll bleed the system and check for air at lunch, looks simple enough.

Last edited: