England vs. Italy

Well there we have it, the usual England penalty shoot out performance, it least it was a manc and a chelski that missed

Didn't watch any of it so not bothered to be honest a bunch of over paid under skilled w-nkers

Best tournament performance in a long time.

Fair play to Cole and Young, at least they had the balls to have a go. Cole is normally a dead cert' on penalties, he's been good for us the last few years, probably our best player in fact. Young has been sh!t for the last fortnight, credit to him for trying though.

Italy deserves that tonight, Pirlo is a class act but I think ze Germans will dry-bum them. In fact, I hope ze Germans win it, they've been superb to watch.

tbh i think England didn't play well at all in this game, the better team won and Italy deserved the win. The Italians are literally going crazy, acting a if they won the world cup haha, people buying bottles of champagne, road blocks on the streets... crazy

We were crap from day one. Can't believe people are happy we aren't top 4 in Europe let alone the world.

Same old, same old scumchester.

Beckham,
Wooney,
Young,

ALL let there country down.

Keep the scum out of England.

Ince, Scholes, Robson, Neville, Ferdinand, Sheringham... Yeah same old Manchester United players who've never contributed an ounce to their country, sounds about right from a typical narrow minded "let's all hate United" point of view...

Young has had a sh!t few weeks but barring Cole he's been our most consistent player for the last year... Four goals and four assists in the six or so games prior to the Euros to actually help get us there in the first place. Rooney is an aresehole, no doubt about that and his record for England pales against his record for United but nobody can doubt he's one of our only "World Class" players. The Beckham mention is a non-issue, wasn't it about 1942 last time he played!?!

Hart didn't get anywhere near any of the penalties. But he's the best in the world according to most. Cole, usually reliable in shootouts made an absolute hash of his penalty, at least Young put his foot through it...

Defoe, Milner, Gerrard, Lampard, Downing, Walcott and Andy Johnson... There's another load of players who've been sh!t for us over the last few years. I'm sure United are to blame for that somewhere down the line too.

I think that was the best tournament performance we've had in a while overall. We're missing something still and maybe Rooney shouldn't have come in and maybe the team that was doing fine without him shouldn't have been changed to accommodate him but it's hard to leave somebody like him on the bench I guess.

People have to be more realistic and accept that we just are not in the top handful of national teams. There's not many of our players would get into the Spain or Germany teams...

Ince, Scholes, Robson, Neville, Ferdinand, Sheringham... Yeah same old Manchester United players who've never contributed an ounce to their country, sounds about right from a typical narrow minded "let's all hate United" point of view...

Young has had a sh!t few weeks but barring Cole he's been our most consistent player for the last year... Four goals and four assists in the six or so games prior to the Euros to actually help get us there in the first place. Rooney is an aresehole, no doubt about that and his record for England pales against his record for United but nobody can doubt he's one of our only "World Class" players. The Beckham mention is a non-issue, wasn't it about 1942 last time he played!?!

Hart didn't get anywhere near any of the penalties. But he's the best in the world according to most. Cole, usually reliable in shootouts made an absolute hash of his penalty, at least Young put his foot through it...

Defoe, Milner, Gerrard, Lampard, Downing, Walcott and Andy Johnson... There's another load of players who've been sh!t for us over the last few years. I'm sure United are to blame for that somewhere down the line too.

I think that was the best tournament performance we've had in a while overall. We're missing something still and maybe Rooney shouldn't have come in and maybe the team that was doing fine without him shouldn't have been changed to accommodate him but it's hard to leave somebody like him on the bench I guess.

People have to be more realistic and accept that we just are not in the top handful of national teams. There's not many of our players would get into the Spain or Germany teams...

Would be nice if the TV pundits realised this. Every bloody game of the tournament, England this, England that. They'd basically written off Italy when the quarters were "realised". It was a case of we'll be playing Germany in the semis.

The Germans aren't really German, that's just their title :wink: :

e420ee3c0518509305fa20bb6286e0c0.jpeg

not really a follower of football but to me we dont really encourage home grown talent as far as i can tell most of the big league teams are full of jonny foreigner...

so our home team is under talented!!!

having said that i think they are paid to much and ponce around and fall down at the slightest knock which i find very unprofessional :001_rolleyes:

I thought England got from the game exactly what they put in, nothing. Camped on there 18 yrd line for massive spells in the game. Amazed it went to extra time.

An average team, hats of to the manager though, think he got his tactics spot on for most games, that and some luck got them through.

Seriously, you cant really knock the German team for not being German enough. Look at the England team, half of them look like they should be playing for Gambia.

If a cats born in a stable does that make it a horse?

Last edited:
We were out played simple as the thing with england they,l gun it first 20 minutes then the heads drop for the entirety of the rest of the match i think the team is far to balanced on rooney to take a quoate from roy hodgeson if i dont play rooney the whole of england will lynch me i rest my case that bloke is far overated they call him a top player in the world whatever :thumbdown:

Reading a few coments on here some people must have been watching a different game to me.

WE WERE 5HIT.