Erratic idle after remap

Had my car mapped last Thursday, I keep getting a very erratic idle, usually just below 1 as normal but every now and again and always when the engine is cold it will idle at close to 2.5 almost as if a sticky throttle. Just wondering if people think it's the map or if it's just coincidence and it may be throttle body?

I have that as well mate about 2-3 days after the remap, initially I thought it was the TB and I had it replaced. It didn't cure it.

Where did you have yours mapped?

Yep same for me after remap. Idle varies between 1200-2000rpm when cold, but as above its normal after 2 mins.

Doesn't bother me - Warms the car up quicker.

No the remap was definitely worthwhile, after fitting a de cat exhaust and ITG my car had massive flatspots and lost power. My car made 178hp before mapping and 190hp after, flatspots were smoothed out and low down power and torque was improved. I've also noticed my MPG has risen since, probably because i've got more low down power and i'm not having to put my foot down to power through flatspots anymore

Mines doing this aswell after the remap from rs tunning... it would be interesting to see what the reply to the email is?! I've asked a couple of people and they say its to get it warmed up and get the petrol around the car quicker, i dont know how true this is though?!!

It sounds like the 'cold start map' to heat the CAT etc. for emissions, the standard car does it too on initial start up.

As above, as standard my car idles at around 1250rpm when cold, then after a couple of mines its down to just under 1000rpm. This is to warm the car up quicker, and all its doing now is idling slightly higher for the first few minutes to warm it up faster. I quite like it to be honest.

No the remap was definitely worthwhile, after fitting a de cat exhaust and ITG my car had massive flatspots and lost power. My car made 178hp before mapping and 190hp after, flatspots were smoothed out and low down power and torque was improved. I've also noticed my MPG has risen since, probably because i've got more low down power and i'm not having to put my foot down to power through flatspots anymore

Who'd you get it done by?

Seems like an 'rs tuning' thing then. Just glad it's not just me. I don't mind it but you sound a dick waiting to pull out of your street with revs at 2.5k, sounds like a learner on a hill start.

any draw backs with the de-cat mate other than emissions? and is the general feeling that a de-cat gives you much more performance over just a map and filter?