Expensive week ahead

Hi, 200 this week will be having new Federals, 2nd service, MOT, Ext Warranty...... and now Front discs and pads... I can't really complain as I've managed a number of trackdays on the current set (which were already uprated, not sure which ones though).

The question is which replacements? I've already decided to go with DS2500 pads but are they are any recommendations on the discs? My current ones are grooved which have been good but don't know if they are Brembo or a.n.other brand.

Also, I'll need to get a couple of pin kits, where do people usually source these from (non-Renault dealer)?

Cheers,
Simon

Hi, 200 this week will be having new Federals, 2nd service, MOT, Ext Warranty...... and now Front discs and pads... I can't really complain as I've managed a number of trackdays on the current set (which were already uprated, not sure which ones though).

The question is which replacements? I've already decided to go with DS2500 pads but are they are any recommendations on the discs? My current ones are grooved which have been good but don't know if they are Brembo or a.n.other brand.

Also, I'll need to get a couple of pin kits, where do people usually source these from (non-Renault dealer)?

Cheers,
Simon

Anyone got these? (KTR/Brembo black edition front kit with DS2500)
http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=3726&appid=3

Bit of a saving over seperate...

get the pins from mrpink i think his name is on here, its how they should be from standard much better than the oem ones

fitted those to a megane - worked well :foxspeed:

Cheers, Discs & pads ordered. Pocket feeling lighter and lighter! Replacing my R1Rs with Federals 595s so will see how they compare on track.

On a completely different note, is it me or are the numberplate light housings a b!tch to open when replacing bulbs? I ended up braking the lense covers on both when replacing bulbs. Too brittle!

Cheers, Discs & pads ordered. Pocket feeling lighter and lighter! Replacing my R1Rs with Federals 595s so will see how they compare on track.

On a completely different note, is it me or are the numberplate light housings a b!tch to open when replacing bulbs? I ended up braking the lense covers on both when replacing bulbs. Too brittle!

there's a clip on either side mate,prise them apart then you can lift one end up,once that end is up i used the tip of a small screw driver to stop it clipping back into place again,the lense should now slide out of the other end with a bit of a wiggle

Anyone got these? (KTR/Brembo black edition front kit with DS2500)
http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=3726&appid=3

Bit of a saving over seperate...

i have that exact setup mate,

the pads are awesome,great for fast road and track use,excellent bite from cold and no fade on track for me,i only ever did about 5 laps at any one time though

the discs are also very good,tbh though so are the OEM ones,i wouldn't say the black editions are any better but i just wanted grooved discs to help clean the pads and to look cool,:wink:

there's a clip on either side mate,prise them apart then you can lift one end up,once that end is up i used the tip of a small screw driver to stop it clipping back into place again,the lense should now slide out of the other end with a bit of a wiggle

thanks for the tips mate. It's always the same when you think it's a 5 min job :smile: I was rushing as per usual and it doesn't help to have the touch of an elephant! Annoyed that I broke them but all looking good again now. Looking forward to getting the car sorted, needs some TLC.

Cheers