Extra Stripey Gordini - Recaro pics added

Ok so my thoughts on my interior:

Retrim the whole interior
Pros: Will look great
Cons: Expensive and won't look OEM

Screenshot_20161019-203918_zpsgsdabntm.png
Probably wouldnt go all blue, but an anthracite with blue stitching.
I don't want to cross the boundary into Chavsville and sometimes I do this. It is a constant worry in my 'Gordini' life. I worry diamond quilting may do this. Could go for a more modern take on diamonds.
Screenshot_20161019-204036_zps30ann6wa.png
Screenshot_20161019-203952_zpsrsxfxako.png

Retrim just the front seats to match the rear OEM ones
Not as expensive as full retrim. OEM look. Boring?
Existing front seats:
IMG_20160729_155225_zpsbsf9kx1i.jpg

Finish of recaro seat backs
Standard: Cheap and cheerful plastic
Alcantara lined: Looks nice but cost and not practical?
Screenshot_20161019-203241_zpsptdtvmo4.png
Screenshot_20161019-203809_zps0gggloh6.png
Obviously I would go with blue not red. Maybe with white alcantara stripes?
Carbon dipped: probably my favourite, looks nice, not expensive, relatively hard wearing
Screenshot_20161019-211808_zpsvjkjzh7f.png
Painted Malta blue to match car: very very expensive and maybe too much paint inside my car.Could have stripes on them :wink: But too many stripes! The cost of these could just be the final straw
Screenshot_20161019-212429_zpste1uj4yp.png

Decisions, decisions....

Reactions: Jimmy and Micah

This. Would still look ace, wouldn't be spending silly money you'll never get back, would be able to re-sell (If you go back to standard when selling or anytime), and for those in the know its still 'unique' as such.

Whatever you do will be done properly though and i'm looking forward to the results as much or more than you :smile:

This. Would still look ace, wouldn't be spending silly money you'll never get back, would be able to re-sell (If you go back to standard when selling or anytime), and for those in the know its still 'unique' as such.

Whatever you do will be done properly though and i'm looking forward to the results as much or more than you :smile:
Thanks Shuv, I agree completely. What about the seat backs? Carbon?

Painted in anthracite, dipped and lacquered in a tinted lacquer. Before the leather is upholstered :smile:

Sounds truly great and you've clearly got all angles covered (sic) as always. All i was trying to dig-out - was the fact of having a lacquered finish for longevity !

******Or standard colours / materials - with a slight twist on the patterns / stitching styles for the re-trim? (OEM+ type look).......

You also don't want to make any sort of resale difficult, if it's vastly different people may not be interested in buying it... have to think of these things.

Just trim to match the rears, making sure it's classy :wink: but that shouldn't be too hard for you, everything else you've done is.

Reactions: Gordini