Extra Stripey Gordini - Recaro pics added

So - back on topic.............

You mentioned big gay wings and stupidly big brakes.

Are either in the pipeline ?

And if they are - can i advise not getting them hydro-dipped :smile:

Reactions: Pav and Gordini
So - back on topic.............

You mentioned big gay wings and stupidly big brakes.

Are either in the pipeline ?

And if they are - can i advise not getting them hydro-dipped :smile:
The wing will probably be hydrodipped... but not by cowboy Steve. Don't really have a good pic of the wing as it's pretty much a one-off and built to order. Never seen one fitted and it may be because it looks silly. It's quite big a little WRC in style...
For brakes I saw these but am looking for a deal as I'm not spending anywhere near what these cost...
main-grande-sport-2_zpsh7fpqv3y.jpg

Reactions: sevenfourate
Good thinking batman. I have 18s and the Tarox need the same size also. Are the 250 calipers larger than the 197/200 ones?
Calipers are definitely bigger and they look better too. A lot less "square" than the 197 ones. The pistons are also bigger iirc. A great big brake upgrade that isn't crazy expensive. Hasn't been done on a 197/200 yet either :smile:

Reactions: Gordini
Rear wing sounds really interesting....... :smile: Is it finished / being built, or..........?

Sounds like you might now have a direction to head in brakes-wise too.

Calipers are definitely bigger and they look better too. A lot less "square" than the 197 ones. The pistons are also bigger iirc. A great big brake upgrade that isn't crazy expensive. Hasn't been done on a 197/200 yet either :smile:
Thanks. I'll look into it. I was also considering a Porsche caliper conversion but couldn't see any info on this...

Rear wing sounds really interesting....... :smile: Is it finished / being built, or..........?

Sounds like you might now have a direction to head in brakes-wise too.
We're communicating as they're not English and it's a bit slow going. I haven't ordered yet and then it's a 4 week build. And then a 4 month hydrodip. Then have to find a way if bonding to rear window and seeing if it'll fit with my GT rear wing...

I'm a bit late to the party here Simon, but sorry to hear about all your woes with the bumper painting malarkey. What a nightmare for you, I can only imagine how frustrated you are at not being able to use your car. Hopefully you will get them back soon and in one piece, let alone the right colour!

The wing and brakes sound like an interesting project to take your mind off things :smile:

Gordini Storm Troopers lol

Boston%20St.%20Patrick's%20Day%20Parade%202007%20-%20Star%20Wars%20-%20Blue%20Striped%20Storm%20Troopers.jpg

Very interesting read.from cars to storm troopers.great stuff..
Also Simon,why are you planning to upgrade your brakes?are yours in a bad shape?

Very interesting read.from cars to storm troopers.great stuff..
Also Simon,why are you planning to upgrade your brakes?are yours in a bad shape?
Same reason you are upgrading your engine matey :smile: They don't need to be done if I'm honest (although the rear discs are starting to disintegrate on the inner surfaces), I just want some better performance. They are good brakes standard but not the best I've had. Combined with the issues I've had such as seizing calipers I think it may be a good mod to do. Don't get me wrong though, the engine will probably stay top priority for 2017 as I would prefer more power to more braking performance :smile:

Reactions: Pav
The tarox setup is very good, guy on Renaultsport UK running them on a 200t - mainly as he does a lot of heavy track work and the standard callipers obviously not being 4 pot is a bit of a disadvantage...

I think stephenvenning was looking into 6 pot porsche callipers but not sure about fitment issues...

i understand that Simon..i get why we upgrade the front/rear discs but calipers too??im pretty sure that the standard set up is more than adequate..i mean if had lots of money just lying around then i would go for better brakes/calipers etc...
well keep us updated mate..will be interesting to see which brake option you will go for..