Facelift or original?

Whenever i've seen the 200 compared to the 197 they always use a good photo of the 197 and a bad photo of the 200.

aye very true.

Personally the front of the 197 by far and the back of a 200 by far.
Every 197 owner i see uses the little exhaust tips (me included) :smiley:

The 200 front end is growing on me but I still prefer the 197, although the 200 Diffuser is nicer as standard because of the exhaust tips.

200 front is a fudge for me. Renault didn't want to go all the way with face-lifting the Clio like the Laguna and Meg cause I guess their plans for new one, so it appears they just stuck a bumper on and some lights......How the wing meets the bumper is laughable!!!!

Mechanical changes makes it a better car though....

I'd prefer a front end of a 200, although it'd be better if the front bumper and wing were designed by the same person and I'd swap to a rear end of a 197, can't say I like the exhausts of a 200.

I'd prefer a front end of a 200, although it'd be better if the front bumper and wing were designed by the same person and I'd swap to a rear end of a 197, can't say I like the exhausts of a 200.

Yeah the front end of the 200 is less smiley than a 197, the blade is cool too. However I have always wondered if the black around the number plate and above it wouldnt actually be better body colour like a 197?
200 rear tailpipes are silly and fake, I really need to change mine to carbon ones! Then it'd be a bit more stealth like a 197. - Alternatively a gloss black 197 would be ideal.
Also I think gloss black mirrors (200) are better than body colour (197).
Front bumper to wing join is an abomination. 197 wins that one.

So basically a hybrid of the 2 would be best, I don't think either can profress to be conclusively better or worse.

I like them both, but i think the 200 looks more aggressive with the colour change and blade. also the exhaust rings finish the back off nicely, they certainly aren't fake and silly. If you think that then you must not like the megs exhaust either, its the same principle.

Facelift for me. I personally just prefer the newer shape of a car, hence why I got rid of the 200 for the new one.

Between the 200 and 197... The 197 looks a lot more like the standard clio and the 200 is in my opinion the lary/loud version.

haha I'm not getting involved in another Meg discussion! But lets just say I prefer the Clio, hence owning one really!! :smile:

I'm not a fan of the trend in modern cars to have exhaust trims that are not part of the exhaust. I think the general consensus is that they are 'fake', given that they are there to serve an asthetic purpose and are not part of the exhaust. However, it is only my opinion they are silly, as this is a subjective subject. But hell I still think cars should be NA and weigh no more than a ton so I appreciate I don't 'move with the times'!! A '73 2.7 RS would be my first lottery purchase no questions!

haha I'm not getting involved in another Meg discussion! But lets just say I prefer the Clio, hence owning one really!! :smile:

I'm not a fan of the trend in modern cars to have exhaust trims that are not part of the exhaust. I think the general consensus is that they are 'fake', given that they are there to serve an asthetic purpose and are not part of the exhaust. However, it is only my opinion they are silly, as this is a subjective subject. But hell I still think cars should be NA and weigh no more than a ton so I appreciate I don't 'move with the times'!! A '73 2.7 RS would be my first lottery purchase no questions!

Agree with this... I don't get the new exhaust trim thing, specially on the 200T the tailpipes just point towards the trims not even in them like the old 200.

Guess it saves money but I'm not a fan.

Similar Thread Suggestions