200: feel stuck with a car i cant afford!!

Right then some funny advice going on in this thread.

The halves things in principle applies on PCP but you need to pay half what you borrowed which you won't do on a 2 year PCP so this is not an option.

Don't worry that its on finance when selling private. All you do is get a cheque for say £500 to you and the buyer send the rest to the finance company. No issues what so ever.

The worst thing here is you own a car no-one wants to buy private. It does 25mpg when fuel is £6.50 per gallon and on top of that no-one can get personal loans so for most people the only option is a dealer as their finance is secured to the car therefore easier to get.

Will a missed payment on your credit file matter? Well 5years ago no, but its a whole different ball game nowadays. It WILL effect you for unsecured credit with high street lenders. They are very fussy these days and have a very narrow window for who qualifies. I know people with 6 figure sums in savings at the same bank they have applied being turned down.

My car was on PCP and I just sold it to a dealer, they paid of the finance and gave me £100 for the tax on it. I suggest trying a few dealers and getting rid quickly, you need to ask yourself how long you are willing to wait paying £199 per month to have it for sale privately when there is no market. My FF 200 was a minter, it had been detailed with products costing £100s, it had won detailing competitions and the pics I used to try and sell it were taken by talented people and were top quality. It was a 60plate with 10700miles on it with the RS Monitor and Cup Pack, I had it up for £11,450 and in a month I did not get 1 call. Thanks God I let it go to a dealer for £10,800 before my next payment.

Lastly don't get put off PCPs by this. You always get people saying "This is why I never buy on finance", they're are just showing off that they don't have to. My car was cheaper on PCP (including interest), you also get a GFV with a PCP so you have a finite amount of depreciation. So after 2 years when your car is worth 8500 but the GFV is 9500 you can had it back and knowing its cost you less than the smug people who "don't use finance". Obviously this does depend on APRs, GFVs etc.

Good point but I don't feel smug for paying cash for mine and I have still got mine but if I would have had it on credit I would have lost mine by now due to me not being able to work full time for the last 2 1/2 years due to a acceident

Good point but I don't feel smug for paying cash for mine and I have still got mine but if I would have had it on credit I would have lost mine by now due to me not being able to work full time for the last 2 1/2 years due to a acceident

I wasn't saying people who pay cash are smug. Just ignore people who make comments about not using finance.

Think everyone just feels for the OP and is trying to help with advice in their own way, which shows why its a great forum rather then no one caring or not posting at all. :thumbup:

I have posted your ad to the guy over on RS who wants a 200 for £10K.

Best of luck with it Andy, I can't offer any advice on top of what's already been said.