Feista ST announced

Looks like the front of an Aston Martin Cygnet, then a normal fiesta from windscreen back...

Not my cup of tea at all...

They've tried to make it look like the new Focus ST at the front. I actually really like it, 4 Pots too :lol:

But...

You can just see it now, it's not got the practicality of the Clio or Focus ST because its not a 5 door and for that its not as good :lol: Things seem go be changing for the worse in the hot hatch world.

An RS if its released will look amazing :wink:

...I like this and I will have a serious look at buying one....I am attracted by the lower running costs over the Meg250....but I will check out the new Clio as well....the only thing that bothers me aout this car is that it is likley to become as common as muck, where I've always liked the Renault Sport models for the exclusivity factor.....

180ps is a little sluggish compared to the Clios 200 though, given that they're both 1.6t engines so torque shouldn't be a factor for either.

hahahaha thats really funny. I feel if i express my honest opinion ill be banned from this forum. Lets say its a car which looks like its got downs and is designed for someone who doesn't actually have a gear shiftey arm...as the arm rest is far too short.

Ford don't have a clue when it comes to hot hatches, did anybody see the best 50 hot hatches poll on Pistonheads yesterday, if not go count the French cars in there...says it all really.

Ford do have a clue when its comes to hot hatches mate. The Focus RS for example. The curent Fiesta ST is a good car, granted it needs opening up a bit to remove the restrictions but its still a cracking car!

Ford don't have a clue when it comes to hot hatches, did anybody see the best 50 hot hatches poll on Pistonheads yesterday, if not go count the French cars in there...says it all really.

I think it's you who doesn't have a clue matey.

+ 1 .

Renaultsport are probably king of that hill, and have been for a while, but that doesn't mean to say Fords offerings are bad.

They just have a habbit of slightly underpowering the Fiesta in comparison to Renaults RS Clios. Great chassis and better build quality from my experience.

I don't like the front end of these though I have to admit, that grill just does it no favours, likewise the new Focus ST

Ford don't have a clue when it comes to hot hatches

FAIL.

Just off the top of my head, in rough chronological order...

XR2
XR2i
Fiesta RST
KA Sport
Racing Puma
Puma 1.7 VCT
Fiesta Zetec S
Focus ST170
Focus RS 1
Focus ST
Focus RS 2
Fiesta ST

I suppose you could include the XR3i too if you wanted too and I've probably missed a couple anyway...

Last edited:
also the last fiesta st was embarasingly aweful.
Your right with the list but way too old, they havent done anything decent since "the good old days", they dont havce a clue these days at all.
Looking at this new Fiesta, nothings changed.

also the last fiesta st was embarasingly aweful.
Your right with the list but way too old, they havent done anything decent since "the good old days", they dont havce a clue these days at all.
Looking at this new Fiesta, nothings changed.

I strongly disagree with that.

I swapped my 197 for one for a month, and if truth be known, was gonna get rid of the 197 for one.

I ended up with a 182, but I miss the ST so much. It was great.

Not sure about the new one, but its better looking than the new Clio anyway lol!!

Why do you think the last Fiesta ST was awful? I had one for 3 years and couldn't disagree more. I only sold it to get the Clio because I wanted more power