Fiesta ST vs ST2 help

Jamz72

Paid Member
Hi guys, trying to convince my girlfriend to get one of these instead of an Audi A1 Sport :smile:

Completely confused by the difference between the ST and the ST2 though..

This says the ST2 adds "part leather and heating to the seats, keyless start and a Sony stereo upgrade, plus LED daytime running lights".
http://cars.uk.msn.com/reviews/ford-fiesta-st-review-2013-onwards

But when I configure the ST2 on the Ford website there is no mention of heated seats or DRLs and the keyless start (convenience pack) and Sony stereo are options that cost money :huh:
http://www.ford.co.uk/ConfigureyourCar/Fiesta-ST/ST

So what does the extra £1k for the ST2 actually buy?

James

The Ford website is pish. ST2 has the heated seats, better sound system, LED DRLs and keyless start over the ST1.

I think most of the money is in the seats tbh. They are awesome though.

St-2 gets Privacy Glass, heated seats, DRL's, push start button (AKA Keyless start.) part leather.

The Convenience pack you refer to is keyless entry. Different to keyless start. The keyless start means you lock/unlock the car with the key fob, put your foot on the brake and press the power start button on the dash to fire up the engine.
The keyless entry is the same as above but you keep the key fob in your pocket and press a button on the door handle to unlock or lock the car meaning you never actually touch your key. Convenience pack also adds power folding mirrors.

ST-2 is the one to have if keeping an eye on resale as it's more kit for not much more money when buying a used example, So although £1k more now, you'll get some more back and if buying on a PCP deal, the GFV is higher on a ST-2, meaning you're not actually financing the full £1000 difference. (If that makes sense?)

Cheers for the responses, very useful! They don't make it clear at all on the Ford website. Or I was looking in the wrong place ha.

FatRS, the Ford finance page is also confusing but that's probably because I've never bought a car on finance before. Can't be more specific because I'm at work and on my iPhone but I was expecting all the numbers to add up so I could quite easily see how much we would be paying over the entire 2 yrs and then I was expecting to add on the GFV thing to take it up to the total cost of the car.. but it doesn't match

Car websites are generally pants for most things. Your best bet is to pop into a couple of dealers and see what they can offer you.

I can sort you out a good deal in Leicester, the Misses works there, might be a bit far to travel though.

I would say the ST-2 is worth it, I went for ST and actually prefer the seats being all cloth, but do miss things like cruise control and auto lights etc. Also the heated seats, they are fantastic, the Misses has them and I dont, thats my biggest miss in this weather!

Car websites are generally pants for most things. Your best bet is to pop into a couple of dealers and see what they can offer you.

We are going 'car shopping' on Sunday. I phoned up the local Ford dealer and asked if they had any STs in and apparently they don't. I said I was surprised that they didn't and the guy said "I'm sure you can appreciate that we can't stock every model of car, it's not practical" which is fair enough but at least stock the highest trim level?! Then I phoned up a different dealer who had a new ST2 but no demonstrator.. but don't worry we can still "buy it without test driving" apparently :tongueout:

I'll phone up a few more before Sunday and try and sort something out :smile:

I can sort you out a good deal in Leicester, the Misses works there, might be a bit far to travel though.

I would say the ST-2 is worth it, I went for ST and actually prefer the seats being all cloth, but do miss things like cruise control and auto lights etc. Also the heated seats, they are fantastic, the Misses has them and I dont, thats my biggest miss in this weather!

Tempting! Doubt we'll have enough time to travel up on Sunday but I wouldn't let the distance put us off buying from there. Don't suppose you could get some sort of indicative price for us for an ST2 with the forum buddy discount? :wink: I work for JLR too which gives me an extra £1700 off (pretty sure Ford pay this directly so it doesn't affect commission) :smile:

Will find out mate, dropped her an email so let you know what she says. She has a Molten Orange ST-2 not sure what the complete spec list is, has parking sensors, push button (that's all I can remember) which is their demonstrator.

Will let you know when she comes back to me

Will find out mate, dropped her an email so let you know what she says. She has a Molten Orange ST-2 not sure what the complete spec list is, has parking sensors, push button (that's all I can remember) which is their demonstrator.

Will let you know when she comes back to me
Parking sensors aren't available on the ST's.

We are going 'car shopping' on Sunday. I phoned up the local Ford dealer and asked if they had any STs in and apparently they don't. I said I was surprised that they didn't and the guy said "I'm sure you can appreciate that we can't stock every model of car, it's not practical" which is fair enough but at least stock the highest trim level?! Then I phoned up a different dealer who had a new ST2 but no demonstrator.. but don't worry we can still "buy it without test driving" apparently :tongueout:

I'll phone up a few more before Sunday and try and sort something out :smile:

Tempting! Doubt we'll have enough time to travel up on Sunday but I wouldn't let the distance put us off buying from there. Don't suppose you could get some sort of indicative price for us for an ST2 with the forum buddy discount? :wink: I work for JLR too which gives me an extra £1700 off (pretty sure Ford pay this directly so it doesn't affect commission) :smile:

If you're traveling down near Gatwick, I can get a demo arranged for you. We've just had a FULLY spec'd Spirit blue ST-2 arrive today. It's destined to be a demo unless sold before. Immediate delivery and available on the Privilege scheme for JLR employees too.
I sold a red Zetec-S to an employee at JLR Gaydon last year and he's just ordered a new red ST-1 elsewhere as we couldn't get a car until March and another dealer had one for immediate delivery.

Just been offered a St2 at £235 a month with a £730 deposit.

Ive never leased a car before but that to me sounds all right?

Its the same price as a loan for a 6 year old 197 mental stuff..