Finally picked up the R27:)

Well, after months of searching and waiting for the right car, finally picked up the wifes red R27 at the w/end. Was a private sale, one owner car off a true Renault Sport enthusiast (he runs one of the megane forums,this was his wifes car) so you can imagine its been very well looked after. Its a totally standard car (really wanted this in an R27) apart from LED's in interior/number plate etc..

Just over 20k miles now with FRSH and 2 new Contisports day before i picked her up - warranty work has included revised gearbox, worn recaro's sorted & also replacement door seals. Options inc:

Climate
Xenons
Auto headlamp/wipers
Folding mirrors
Bluetooth
Cup spoiler & front splitter

Wife absolutely loves it and TBH, so do I!! It's the first FWD car I've driven in a long time and although I haven't got anywhere near pushing it, I can tell they really do live up to their reputation when it comes to handling.

I'm under strict instructions to keep it standard (although, I've already got some 2nd hand skirts for it, I may try and sly some H&R's and 16mm spacers on and see if she notices!!). Anyway, here you go, a few pics:

IMAG1434-1.jpg

IMAG1431-1.jpg

IMAG1441.jpg

Ohh, I also got some of those smoked chrome (plastic) bolt caps off eBay as well:

IMAG1433.jpg

Looks great :smile: always loved the clio in red!!

Will look better with the skirts :wink: and better again on h&r springs and spacers...... :wink:

Skirts will be great on that, especially with the splitter. Looks in very good condition buddy. Tell her adding skirts will make it safer! She'll change her mind :smiley:

Lookin good, out of interest what cars have you had to miss out FWDs for a while?

Well managed to get the skirts on, only got phone pic of it in town at the mo tho. I think it compliments cup spoiler & splitter a treat but I know some don't agree.

IMAG1472-1-1.jpg

In the flesh it also makes the car look slightly lower for some odd reason..be nice to see one sat on H&R's

ETA: Sorry just saw this:
Lookin good, out of interest what cars have you had to miss out FWDs for a while?

I'm big time into my old skool Audi's & Porsches, had M5 for a few years as well.Will try and dig a few pics.

Last edited:
Looks great Darren, does compliment the spoiler well. I really want to get these but don't want to drill into the car :/

Thanks for the comments, I'm still yet to see pic of an r27 on H&R's so be interested to see one before buying a set.

They'd have to go on on the sly anyway..:thumbsup:

Similar Thread Suggestions