First mod

OK nothing major but changed the interior bulbs six interior roof lights and the two in the bottoms of the doors for blue LED's less than a tenner delivered off eBay . What a transformation :smile: mrs already wants me to do the same in her new motor 07 plate Mini Cooper ( sorry if that is swearing on here) Knowing me this will be the first mod of many :001_huh:

The small jobs can be the best.

Next up then, continuing the bulb theme, silver indicator bulbs. Totally change the look of the car, really freshens it up. I got my silver bulbs for less than a tenner from a local motor factors but I'm sure eBay do them. Real easy to do too.

Like above changing the bulbs makes all the difference and if you do go for the indicator bulbs as well as the silver tecs the diadems are quality too here's mine

f93da14f.jpg

Got to sort them to be honest mate have a silver one in one side and an orange one in the other :rofl: Was like that when I got it so needs doing quick time . I have also got some mats with blue trim which are going in this weekend . I have put the wife's new ones in her Mini Cooper and hers came after mine ( not brave enough to do mine first ) :smile: . Already got a few ideas in the pipe line but I am enjoying it as it is at the moment great little motor

Becomes easier with practice buddy!

As said little mods are awesome. My favourite definitely being the changing of the rear number plate bulbs!

Side lights aint to bad mate some say its easier to take bumber off but took me 20 minutes to do sidelights and mains without taking it off

I don't want to change them again in a hurry mate :smile: I took the bumper of and it was still a biatch . Would love to see someone change them in the " I've done all the fronts in 45 mins" Not calling anyone a lire but I have girls hands and gave up very quickly after trying to do them in situ lol

Lol I posted the last comment before seeing your above comment :smile: if you were closer you could come and show me how it's done

Lol I posted the last comment before seeing your above comment :smile: if you were closer you could come and show me how it's done

If you have reflectors (no HIDS/xenons) then I could do it in 10 minutes no problem.

if you have projectors (HIDs/xenonx) then its a bumper off jobby and that takes me agessssssss.

If your a paid member (only £5) there's a great guide on how to change the bulbs with the bumper in situe, many other parts of the site will be opened up to.

On a side note blue side light bulbs may attract a bit of attention from the police as they're illegal. Only colours of lights allowed on the front of a car are white and yellow.

Last edited:
If you have reflectors (no HIDS/xenons) then I could do it in 10 minutes no problem.

if you have projectors (HIDs/xenonx) then its a bumper off jobby and that takes me agessssssss.
I have HiD,s so glad to hear an experienced owner would have had to take the bumper off too :smile:

If your a paid member (only £5) there's a great guide on how to change the bulbs with the bumper in situe, many other parts of the site will be opened up to.

On a side note blue side light bulbs may attract a nit of attention from the police as they're illegal. Only colours of lights allowed on the front of a car are white and yellow.

I am going to become a paid up member and don't think I will bother with blue sidelights then ;-) ;-)

The good thing about the indicators is that you can literally change them in 10 seconds as the access is really really good. No joke. Every other bulb is a pain in the....... But the indicators are a doss.

OK nothing major but changed the interior bulbs six interior roof lights and the two in the bottoms of the doors for blue LED's less than a tenner delivered off eBay . What a transformation :smile: mrs already wants me to do the same in her new motor 07 plate Mini Cooper ( sorry if that is swearing on here) Knowing me this will be the first mod of many :001_huh:

i was right ive already done my calipers and dash strips already Just off out to take out my center console and spray that :smile:

Along the spraying / caliper line - Next easy one to do that will make a difference is to take off all your exterior plastic trims and diffuser, give them a good clean and using a cheap £5 spray paint for plastics give them a good going over. Turns all the crappy faded grey bits to looking brand new. There's a guide to take off the diffuser - If you have a pair of axel stands is a fairly simple job - a few torque screws.

Are silver indicator bulbs legal/pass MOT? For some reason I thought they had to be orange. Do they look good on the back as well as the front and an easy job?

Think I just answered my own question, they flash amber but when not lit look silver, so no need for rear ones...... Mmmm

Along the spraying / caliper line - Next easy one to do that will make a difference is to take off all your exterior plastic trims and diffuser, give them a good clean and using a cheap £5 spray paint for plastics give them a good going over. Turns all the crappy faded grey bits to looking brand new. There's a guide to take off the diffuser - If you have a pair of axel stands is a fairly simple job - a few torque screws.
It's had new grill inserts on the front Jamie . I have some axle stands and would be interested to see what exhaust I have fitted so might have a look at that one next