First proper trackday!

So today was my first 'proper' trackday, i went to teh ring last year in my old swift sport and did a few laps and a short trackday round the the GP circuit which was fun but havnt really properly tested the clio since ive had it so spontaneously booked an open pit lane session for today at Blyton Park :smile: 6am start to get there was a bit horrendous for a sunday morning but it was so worth it! The clio was awesome even being standard, managed to get about 50 laps in before heading home, and now im hooked! Think my bank balance is going to feel the effects of future modifications and track days, but its so worth it. Best moments came after i had removed the fuse for the ABS and had the ESP turned off, totally different car and for the better! Here are a few unedited pics, hope you like :smile:

7767351720_d0fc05c00a.jpg

7767349920_3f59d6cd53.jpg

7767347650_df54a29e24.jpg

7767345064_b124da9cb6.jpg

7767342262_3ee1cb508c.jpg

7767339824_760f788525.jpg

7767337830_c9d0e0f82e.jpg

7767335398_ea70fd0c08.jpg

7767332948_f500b96e4e.jpg

7767328030_77a221a2ff.jpg

Looks like they've done it up a bit since I visited when they had their first public day.

Pulling the ABS fuse is maybe a bit brave though :tongueout: some of that corn is still pretty long and having watched them try to recover a radical just from the edge of it I can imagine it'd be interesting if you went deeper in.

Well done for doing a track day :smile: never pulled the ABS fuse in mine , could be that im not pushing hard enough :smiley:

Thanks guys! Yeah was an awesome day, the track surface seeemed fairly new and the day was really well organised by javelin who I went with.

Why? hitting the ESP button turns it full off!

May see you at Bedford or Brands later this year.

Oh right, didn't realise the effect was the same just turning it off by the switch, that'll make it eaiser for next time! Definitely think it made the car more enjoyable to drive, no ABS kicking in a the heavier steering gave more feel imo :smile: Really hope to get on some more before the end of he year so would be nice to meet some of you guys, quite fancy somewhere like anglesea, brands or cadwell next!

Last edited:
Why? hitting the ESP button turns it full off!

May see you at Bedford or Brands later this year.

Turning TC Button off does not affect the ABS. I think you'll find that the stability control will still kick in too in extreme circumstances.

A good track is Blyton especially after the re tarmac.

Javelin are great also, I'm planning on going to one of the next Cadwell or Blyton with them

Turning TC Button off does not affect the ABS. I think you'll find that the stability control will still kick in too in extreme circumstances.

Not according to RUK. Someone else argued it but they say its fully off?

perhaps its fully off until those extreme moments and kicks in when its too late for the driver to do it?

Not according to RUK. Someone else argued it but they say its fully off?

perhaps its fully off until those extreme moments and kicks in when its too late for the driver to do it?

All I can say based on my experience of taking the fuse out today was that the steering got heavier immediately with more feel and no noticeable electronic intervention even right at the limit with the fuse out? Tbh I don't know enough about it to make a definitive call though, just felt like more fun with it all off :smile:

Last edited:
You may well be right, I'm just going on what Renault have said in it.