Fitting harness to reclining Recaros

So I'm looking for seats for my Mx5 that I'll fit harnesses to. I LOVE Recaro seats, and was originally looking for either some Carbon Kevlar RS Mazda seats or a set of Pole Positions, but like the Sportster CS's for the Clio they go for silly money and the Pole Positions 2nd hand are f*cked and new they're pricey. I have spotted though that Mazda RX8's came with leather Recaro seats similar to the CS and because RX8's are sh*t and eat engines, they're constantly being broken = cheaper seats.

So, the question is, because these are reclinable seats, what are peoples opinions on fitting them with harnesses? As comfy and awesome as they might look, I don't like the idea of them folding up in a crash.

I always thought they wouldn't put harness holes in place unless the seats could take the strain of them during a crash. Surely there would be legal implications as they have the fitment for harnesses but don't specify anywhere they aren't suitable?

I used them with harnesses and they survived that, you've met me Rob :wink: if they can survive me they must be at least a little strong!

I always thought they wouldn't put harness holes in place unless the seats could take the strain of them during a crash. Surely there would be legal implications as they have the fitment for harnesses but don't specify anywhere they aren't suitable?

Yeah I agree, although there's always lots of internet speculation of "recliners fold up in a crash with harness" talk. But TBH I think it's b*ll*cks.

I have a pair of half leather lotus seats that'll be available soon.

Hmmmm. We'll talk :wink:

I used them with harnesses and they survived that, you've met me Rob :wink: if they can survive me they must be at least a little strong!

And you've met me, I think I should be more worried of sliding out of the harness than snapping it haha! You didn't stack it though so still no promise they withstand high G-Forces.