For those who modify their cars...

What a load of tosh.!
He says modding cars is dying crazy; like hippies of the 60's & Vegas of the 50's.
Modding cars has been around since cars were made. Hot rod.!
People will be modding cars even if they aren't cars as we know them, electric are what ever.
Modding your ride will never die out.!

As Jase said its not goin to die out and TBH it will be so easy to mod an electric car, will be great fun and very cheap too - just hire an electrician lol!

Really well shot video IMO

The government will never make it illegal as they make far too much money from people modding cars.
The mod scene makes them billions in just the tax on items bought every year, not to mention the extra fuel we use in tuned vehicles.

while i agree modding cars will be going on as long as theirs cars, i think the thing the vid was getting at was enjoying cars for everything, not just modding. you dont need a modded car to just go out and enjoying driving. For example when we go le man, half of the fun is gonna be in the road trip there. The world has got so obsessed with speeding, taxing drivers and trying to ban sports cars thats its making it more and more difficult to enjoy driving.

It does make me sad that yet another thing I enjoy doing is getting so difficult & expensive to do.

Like you say I do try to enjoy driving but it is made nearly impossible by the nanny state we live in. The priorities are completely wrong in general, which is a complete shame that people are practically forbidden from enjoying their motors!

Lol yeah I have been pricing up how to get the 197 over to the Seychelles - was out there last year and only had a 1.1 auto and still had some great fun! Every road is like a tarmac rally stage, petrol is a bargain £10 for a half tank and the roads are completely deserted! Oh and no problem with ice damage either haha lol!

me and Gem are looking at doing a euro roadtrip in the R27, with a stop off in south Portugal for a week :smile:

I dont wanna come across as a 'boy racer' but i've been doing this scene since i was 10 in the back of my older brother Fiesta RS turbos lol.

Over the years i see it lose more and more momentum, instead of real enthusiasts with proper cars we get knobs in banged up 1.2s doing burnouts etc. This does nothing to make it any easier with the police.

Cars themself are getting harder to modify too, back in the day you could tinker with your carb in the garage and, assuming you knew what you were doing, give it and extra 5bhp on the spot :tongueout:

The police targer modified cars, simple as. You know its technically illeagal to make your exhaust louder? I got pulled for my number plates the other week simply becuase they werent E marked on the face!

It will always be about car modding. But no one here can deny that the enjoyment of driving is becoming rare, and the people who are now getting involved are ruining for the rest of us. Maybe its just me growing up, but give it another 5 years or so and i dont think i'll bother with the scene anymore, as my brother doesnt either!

Last edited: