From Jap to French, thought I'd say hi.... 197 Cup newbie

Well I've not long purchased my 197 Cup and I have to say its a great little bugger! I've never been one for having a 'normal' car so thought why not try one of these. Already I can tell what a great car it is on the handling alone.

Sold my Integra DC5 Type R, moved aboard, got bored, then came back and bought the 197.

Went to see a couple of others but this by far the best one, 57 plate, 52k miles, 2008 and only one owner from new.

Now I said to myself I wasn't going to throw money at it however (there's always a however with me), the steering wheel has the standard peel so I've ordered my suede replacement, and I'm a sucker for Recaros so to the disapproval of my misses I've ordered a pair of Recaro Sportster CS in leather and suede. Also getting some dash trim done in matching suede so should all tie in nicely

Now I'm not the best at uploading pics but I'll give a go....

My last beast..

5-1_zpsa2c63482.jpg

My new beast..

image_zps9cf6bbbc.jpg

image_zps8b41b6f8.jpg[/URL]

Now I already need a little help, could someone please god tell me what front splitter this is (what car is it from)? Pulling my hair out!

image_zps1688061a.jpg

Anyway looking forward to using the forum and hopefully get to meet up with some at shows and track days.

Ross

Nice mate. Not sure about the spliter. Hard to tell from the angle.

Did you buy the seats from Recaro?

Hi pal, thanks.

Seriously me and my friend have been trolling the web trying to find what that splitter is from but had no luck! Just think it looks great.

Nah ordered the Recaro's GSM Performance with a little finance (need to build that credit up somehow hey ha)

Thanks pal.

Yeah I can see what your saying about the similar look to the Jase one but it's definitely not that, here it is from another angle.... never know, might help...

image_zpsd3b3e83e.jpg

Last edited:
Cheers Luke.

Chris I've only bloody found it... Ground Effect Front Lip for a MK5 Golf! Defiantly will need some tinkering and also need to find one in the UK (had trouble in the past with US tat) Ah well I'll sleep well tonight ha.

My god that DC5 is amazing. I almost got one before my 197 but the scene tax was just too much for me for the age of the car.

Best colour 197 that :wink:

Welcome to the site

Cheers pal,

Mate, I bloody loved that DC5, I was lucky with tax as it was one of the early ones so it was cheap. The lad that bought it from me keeps me up to date with what's happening with it, even better now!

Saying all that, didn't want any other colour on 197! Love it mate!

Welcome!

Where abouts you from?

Thanks Steve.

Unfortunatley I'm from Coventry (someone has to be hey)

Bet your Meganes a bit of a handful hey, was reading Chris Evans review yesterday about it in the Sunday mag.... Thinks it amazing but bonkers ha!

[RPM];524483 said:
welcome, I just did the same.
Had a EP3 (civic type r) and just bought a 07 racing blue 197 :smile:

Thanks, yeah it was a little weird at first what with being so used to the VTEC but these 197's are something else! Do still miss the Teg though

Whats your verdict on the comparison?

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Car Parts For Sale 1
DafyddJones Spotted 1
V Clio General Chat 10
RicheyRoo Gallery 11
MikeLYR27 General Chat 10