Front brake clips

TB Rich

Paid Member
Do the front clips ever really need replacing?

I kinda want the R-clip pins (Mr Pink style ones) but they don't come with clips.

Cheers

I can't see why they would tbh, as long as they're taken off tidy and not bent.

I think most just fit new ones because they come in the kit.

I just ordered his pins, whipped the wheels off, cleaned it all and put the new pins in with the old clips. As Gez said, no need to replace something that aint' broke.

Ok cheers guys, I guess if you buy the good R-clip pins and then your existing clips turn out to be bad then it is atleast not hard to replace as you have the good pins making it easy.

The trouble is though it'd cost £60 from Renault for the 2 sides to get clips as they don't come seperate. What could you sell 4 brand new genuine Renault pins only for, £40?

People always want pins :smile: always good to have a spare as a back up if you bend the original pins by taking them out.

id imagine theyd sell quick.

Ordered the uprated pins.

Sure the old clips will clean up fine.

Which 'clips' are you referring to? On the front brakes you have 2 pins and a spring holding the pads in.

The Mr Pink pins replace the OE pins with an R-clip style pin, and you reuse the spring form the OE set up. I can't see why you'd need new springs unless they were damaged. They clean up well and don't rust (not sure what they're made of, but it's not just steel)