Front bumper removal

need to take the arch liners out (3 plastic plugs hold them in) there is then 1 bolt either side which needs undone. there are 3 or 4 bolts in the engine bay where the bonnet closes. you then need to take the undertray off which from memory is another 4 or 5 bolts then its just a case of carefully pulling the bumper off (push out at the front wings where it "clips in" to dislodge it first). Also careful if you have xenon's as the water connection will need disconnected when you pull the bumper out a bit + the fog light power cables

**Edit*

Just seen Brandonsbigblack200 (how wrong is it saying that!) mines a 197 so maybe slightly different.

Last edited:
Its pretty simple mate, the whole front end comes off as one piece.. I had mine off last week to fit my HIDs.

Lift the bonnet, unscrew the 4 bolts holding the upper part of the front bumper in place.
There are 2 bolts underneath the car that need unscrewing, connect the bottom of the bumper to the undertray, these are a bit further back then you might think at first..
Then you have to remove the front part of the arch linings on both sides, there are 4 (iirc) absolute pigs of plastic clips on each side, these just need a good pull to get out.
There is also a screw or 2 connecting each of these linings to the undertray. (4-6 screws in total under the car)
Once the linings are off you will see 2 last screws on each side where the arches join the front bumper, a swift 10ml will have these off then give the whole thing a decent pull and it comes off, had to really yank mine!! Its easier putting it all back on..

Edit: + what adam said about the fog lights and water thingymabob.

Hope this helps, unfortunately i dont have any pics!

Last edited: