gearbox not engaging when cold

anyone else experiencing this?

it doesn't happen often, but I was put in a few embarrassing situations fighting the gearstick at signal lights with a queue of cars honking behind me.

the dealer checked the gearbox oil level and it's fine

it only happens when the engine/gearbox is not warmed up fully

they're not the easiest to work with when warm. Mines difficult to engage from 3rd to 2nd when im rolling,.

I can have a little trouble once every so often it feel like the gear lever wants to jump out of its gear when changing. But iv never not been able to engage a gear like you describe!

common thing, nothing to worry about, had to wait 10 minutes standing once just to be able to put it in ANY gear!!! but then it was -23 C in the night !!!!!!

Same here, just one of those cold day things. Not so bad as its now garaged. Does feel gritty though when first set off.

Gears

Mine is the same - Have found that waiting in neutral for a split second whilst changing for 1st to 2nd etc works well!

Can be a bit of an effort to get into 1st in the mornings at the moment, but only for the first 5-10 minutes of driving. Once everything's warmed up a bit it seems to ease right off. Can't say I've had any problems going from 2nd-3rd or vice versa though to be honest.

Worse car I had for it was my FIAT Coupe 16VT... Spending 15 minutes with the car idling on the drive because it refused to go into ANY gear was not cool when leaving for work at 0330 every morning with a rather ''Group B'' sounding exhaust. :smile:

I've never seen this probléme in France
peraps you're opposite driving (left and right).
Phone to Renault France for more informations.

Again sorry for my english