Gearbox on new 200

Hello!

Wondering if you lot could advise me on my gearbox. My 200 is about 5 weeks old, and has done 1,100 miles. The gearbox is making me a little concerned, especially having read a number of posts about the synchro problems.

I'm not having any trouble getting it into 1st (hot or cold), but under high load and rpm, the change from 3rd to 4th is tough, and I often need to double declutch. Also, if block changing down from 6th to 4th, it will crunch. I know it's new, but it hasn't improved as the mileage has increased. Is it worth me getting this checked out before any longer?

On a other note, and not for this thread: I know the 200s are meant to be cr*p from cold, but damn, I'm getting dumped in junctions, kangarooing down the road, and misfiring through villages!

These boxes do take a while to loosen up
i had a new one about Easter time and its only just started feeling good after 8k
Is it an audible crunch?

I would be inclined to take it to the dealer then mate.

Get them to test drive it.I took mine to the dealer to be told there wasn't a problem but 6 months later 4th syncro went belly up.So get them to log your concerns.

You have warranty so if the box is dodgy they will change it no questions ,i was out of warranty but luckily got a 80% contribution from RUK

As for the cold running welcome to Renaultsport clio:hug:

The 200 is crap when cold, best thing I've found is leave her to run for 1 minute and take off the traction control and it pulls off fine from junctions with no kangerooing :smile:
Gearbox doesn't sound right to me, get it back to RUK :smile:

if a gearbox is working "correctly" it should NOT crunch at all!!!!

the synchromesh is weak and not working correctly - the whole point of the system is to make changing gear "crunchless"....if the dealer tells you otherwise they are talking bollox :poke: