Gearing down???

Today I went out for a drive on some nice country lanes seeing as the weather was nice. I pushed the car quite hard but nothing silly and I felt it do something its never done before and I hope its not the start of a problem. When I geared down whilst the revs were quite high I didnt touch the accelerator and whilst the revs were coming down it felt like it was jumping, its a bit like when it kangaroos when cold.
My car has not been remapped and I always run it on super unleaded.
Any suggestions?

Last edited:
I was trying to perfect my rev matching on the motorway the other day, i can't seem to get 100% smooth changes when changing down into 5th/4th, but the lower gears are fine. Then again im no expert...

The Clio is a difficult car to drive smoothly I have found. Not very forgiving. After driving mine for nearly 900 miles in 8 days, I have been able to get it quite good. Come next week I will look like a learner again!

I was trying to perfect my rev matching on the motorway the other day, i can't seem to get 100% smooth changes when changing down into 5th/4th, but the lower gears are fine. Then again im no expert...

its not easy due to the closeness of the gears....ie the mph/1000rpm they provide

The Clio is a difficult car to drive smoothly I have found. Not very forgiving. After driving mine for nearly 900 miles in 8 days, I have been able to get it quite good. Come next week I will look like a learner again!

lol so true