GO Car Warranty

Hi all,

So i'm picking up my 197 this weekend ( buying off a fellow 197.net member Az110880).

I'm looking at getting an aftermarket warranty on the car as i'm one of those guys that worries and with the gear box issue it could be well worth while if a problem arrises.

I've seen people mention £550 from warranty direct and about £350 from renault, but i've found what seems to be a decent level of cover on a 2 year warrenty for £250 all in from a comapany called 'Go Car Warrenty'. Thats £125 a year!

Has anyone every heard or used them, you can check them out...

What do we think??

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be worried they'll take your money and ten go bust..

I'd pay for the AA parts and labour cover on top of breakdown cover. Only an extra £50 a year and pays the first £500 of your problem.

That'll take the sting out of just about any bill. Gearboxes are £500 on eBay now, brand new.. Just pay the labour to fit.

I dont think you can get a Renault warranty unless it is extending the original one, as I have just done. Once it lapses thats it, you cant start again.

The go car warrenty prices look good, they were very upfront with me and said due to the level of modifications the underwriters would probably worm out of any claim!

If my car wasn't modified i would of gone with them hands down.

The go car warrenty prices look good, they were very upfront with me and said due to the level of modifications the underwriters would probably worm out of any claim!

If my car wasn't modified i would of gone with them hands down.
The warranty doesn't cover modified cars,simple as that. Only covers parts listed, and though it covers wear and tear it doesn't cover deteriation? Also if the service history isn't full with every one on time you have to have the car serviced every six months with invoices to prove. Any warranty work must be approved by a separate company with an approval number issuedwithin 14 days or the claim will be void. If the Number is issued you've 90 days to complete the work and present the invoices.
If a deal sounds to good to be true, it probably is?

Opened thread again.
after reading the thread there doesn't appear to be anything in it that shouldn't be.

they I obviously don't like people talking about them :worried:

have just remove the link to their site...

The following message was sent to you via the Clio197.net | Clio200.net Contact Us form.

--------------------------------

Good Morning,

I am working on the Go Car Warranty website and have been looking into the SEO work undertaken by a third party prior to my time here.

It has been brought to my attention that we have a link to your website and wondered if you would be so kind to please remove this? We have found many links that have been built to our site which were not approved by us and that we believe were built by a third party that is not associated with our company.

If you need any further details from me in order to make this happen, please do not hesitate to contact me.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,

Link to remove:

http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?26286-GO-Car-Warranty

--------------------------------

Referring Page:
IP Address: 195.171.94.2
User Name: Unregistered
User ID: 0
Email:

Last edited:
good as if not it would have been "censorship" and not something we should do as other companies are discussed whether good or bad...

Appreciate that this is an old thread but it sounds like they get worried when they have people talking about them. Which means, for me anyway, I'd avoid. I have the AA thing mentioned earlier which isn't bad value and you can make 3 separate claims in a calendar year I believe.

Last edited: