Goodbye Clio 200 :( Hello Focus RS :)

That is stunning! I love these, if i was to trade in the 200 i would be looking at a meg250/265 or a Focus RS.

Friend of my cousin has one, used to come out on the odd drive and was running 450BHP. Was just an animal and the noise it was was sooooooo good.

The car looks absolutely stunning mate! Nice list of mods too! Pictures are absolutely stunning too, well done! :smile:

Well after 30 years of fast Fords I bought a Clio 200 as a daily as my my mk2 Focus RS was just a weekend car, my Focus was an MP350 running a JWR map (400 bhp ish) it had the Mountune suspension and I had it from new. On delivery 3 alloys were marked, replaced eventually, after a few months there was glue stains showing around the harness slots, so the seat covers were replaced again after a fight, within a year the front sealant on the bulkhead had all split. When the car went for its first service the oil was well overfilled, it had all gone terribly wrong for me.

When I bought the Clio it brought back memories of my Racing Puma, it was what a hot hatch should be, a car that you can use daily, a reasonable size, a chassis that is fun, with good turn in, enough power to have fun but not send you to jail every time you want to have a bit of fun.

To sum up my experience, I have had fast Fords all my life, but in my opinion Ford have last the plot, the Focus RS while being a 165mph 4 seater, is just not a fun car, yes it pops and bangs, but the ride is very agricultural. The only place you can really exploit the cars potential is on track, put it down a bumpy B road and it will have you in the first field. Don't get me wrong I loved my Fords, but why did they not do an RS Fiesta, but even that is now a big car, bigger and heavier than a mk1 Focus RS, I hate to say until Ford do a proper hot hatch again, my money will not be spent with them. All the reviews slate the new Fiestas ride. When you read between the lines, again Renaultsport seem to have done it with the new Clio.

I sold my Mk2 FRS and my Clio and bought a Meggy Trophy 265, I then sold that and have gone back to a 200, why?

More smiles per mile I'm afraid to say 2500 miles in the first month of B roads it just keeps the soul of hot hatches alive.

Sorry this is just my opinion based my own experiences.

I hope you enjoy your Focus RS and it gives you what you want SPEEEEEEED and even more SPEEEEEED, oh it does look good

Cars are getting too BIG and HEAVY
When i got my fist 205 the XR3 was out
Just been in a new Focus and its like an SUV compared to the old days
But the old days for me where no Power steering, no abs, now air bags, no electronic control.

Do like the Green Focus

Great pics as always mate, your new car looks terrific and I'm glad you are enjoying it!

Well after 30 years of fast Fords I bought a Clio 200 as a daily as my my mk2 Focus RS was just a weekend car, my Focus was an MP350 running a JWR map (400 bhp ish) it had the Mountune suspension and I had it from new. On delivery 3 alloys were marked, replaced eventually, after a few months there was glue stains showing around the harness slots, so the seat covers were replaced again after a fight, within a year the front sealant on the bulkhead had all split. When the car went for its first service the oil was well overfilled, it had all gone terribly wrong for me.

When I bought the Clio it brought back memories of my Racing Puma, it was what a hot hatch should be, a car that you can use daily, a reasonable size, a chassis that is fun, with good turn in, enough power to have fun but not send you to jail every time you want to have a bit of fun.

To sum up my experience, I have had fast Fords all my life, but in my opinion Ford have last the plot, the Focus RS while being a 165mph 4 seater, is just not a fun car, yes it pops and bangs, but the ride is very agricultural. The only place you can really exploit the cars potential is on track, put it down a bumpy B road and it will have you in the first field. Don't get me wrong I loved my Fords, but why did they not do an RS Fiesta, but even that is now a big car, bigger and heavier than a mk1 Focus RS, I hate to say until Ford do a proper hot hatch again, my money will not be spent with them. All the reviews slate the new Fiestas ride. When you read between the lines, again Renaultsport seem to have done it with the new Clio.

I sold my Mk2 FRS and my Clio and bought a Meggy Trophy 265, I then sold that and have gone back to a 200, why?

More smiles per mile I'm afraid to say 2500 miles in the first month of B roads it just keeps the soul of hot hatches alive.

Sorry this is just my opinion based my own experiences.

I hope you enjoy your Focus RS and it gives you what you want SPEEEEEEED and even more SPEEEEEED, oh it does look good

This is a nice post...

Cars are getting too BIG and HEAVY
When i got my fist 205 the XR3 was out
Just been in a new Focus and its like an SUV compared to the old days
But the old days for me where no Power steering, no abs, now air bags, no electronic control.

Do like the Green Focus

while I do agree with you (being a massive lotus fan) it's still nice to know that most of these bigger heavier cars will not squash like a coke can in an accident tho!

i think i replied to you on the other forum just after you purchased the car.

IMO, the best colour, but i am biased :wink:
awesome cars to own, mine was also running the Revo 4 setup, it is so shocking at how it transforms the car, let alone the other little bits you will be doing to acompany it.
i can see me putting another on the driveway very soon, for one reason being that i am so terribly dissapointed with the 197 after moving on from the Trophy track car, and i think its time to have something a bit more fun to play with again.

keep the pics and details coming as you progress with the car, it will be nice to see where you end up with it :wink:

PS: good choice with the Spec R products, Pete is a legend with his products and knowledge, and he actually sponsors a good mate within Time Attack (Escos, Focus Cosworth, and now Exige)