Got the bug. A few changes planned (200).

I've decided that it's time to tinker with the 200 after having it untouched for the almost two years of ownership.

Plans are:
• Paint the alloys in gloss black
• Mirror caps in gloss black
• F1 splitter in gloss black
• Renault badges in you guessed it, gloss black

Those mods are getting done next week as I have the car booked into the paintshop.

Future plans are:
• 16mm or 20mm spacers (still undecided)
• 20-30 lowering springs (can't justify spending a grand on coilovers)
• painting the calipers in red

Below are two quick pics I snapped earlier. I like the wheels as they are but I'm seeking a change and I really like the black and white combo. Give me your feedback :smile:

image-1.jpg

image.jpg*

I can't get away with black badges/mirrors on white cars... Always makes me think 'panda bear'

The wheels would look much better in gloss black IMO, never been a fan of the polished look on a painted inlay

Anthracite wheels, bumper insert and blade would look ace :smiley:

I've been away from the site for a good while. Have I missed any good, common little mods that have been a craze? The Akrapovic looks the business but it would cost almost £2000 to buy it, have it shipped out and mounted here :/

The following mod makes the 200 front end look a bit more aggresive, has anyone had it done around here?

image-2.jpg

I can't get away with black badges/mirrors on white cars... Always makes me think 'panda bear'

The wheels would look much better in gloss black IMO, never been a fan of the polished look on a painted inlay

Anthracite wheels, bumper insert and blade would look ace :smiley:

I have my mind set on the black mirrors and diamonds. I can always go back I guess if I don't like them. The wheels, after stealing pics from the forum, I think would look awesome in gloss black. I'm hoping they turn out awesome as I like the current finish and returning them to polished after painting them black would be difficult.

Cars looking good.

I had my bumper done Akropovic style....

picture.php

Those wheels are the diamond cut ones ?? If I were you I'd get standard 197 wheels and get them done black as those wheels on now are more expensive I believe ??

Those wheels are the diamond cut ones ?? If I were you I'd get standard 197 wheels and get them done black as those wheels on now are more expensive I believe ??

I think that there isn't an inexpensive wheel these days. I got a quote for black speedlines and they were €320 (~£280) a piece!

Got the car back yesterday and I'm well pleased. Totally transformed the car. I haven't had time to give it a good clean yet but I'm loving the black wheels. Ordererd paint to do the calipers in red.

Two phone pics:
image-4.jpg

image-3.jpg

Love the contrast of black and white! See it on a lot of cars now, but it really ties in with the Clio's front bumper and rear diffuser. Looks like a quality job on the alloys too mate.

Love the contrast of black and white! See it on a lot of cars now, but it really ties in with the Clio's front bumper and rear diffuser. Looks like a quality job on the alloys too mate.

I had seen plenty of black and white combo clios on the forum and I must admit that I have been inspired because of those but mine is guaranteed to be the only one for a few hundred miles. It looks awesome. When the weather opens up I'll snap a few propper pics with the pearlescent paint doing its thing.

It should have come like this from factory tbh. I think it's craving some RS skirts to further boast the combo!

You painted the diamond cut wheels?!?!?!? It looks good, but you could have sold them and bought black wheels for a profit.

You painted the diamond cut wheels?!?!?!? It looks good, but you could have sold them and bought black wheels for a profit.

Don't think there is a market for that over here and shipping them would bare no fruit. They came standard on the 20th anniversary edition so could be rare but I have no regrets. At £35 per corner it was cheap.

Now to paint the calipers in red.