Gymkhana 4 and now 5...

Yer I reckon there are a lot of practice runs and crashes that we don't see. Wouldn't be that surprised if he didnt go through the whole thing perfectly and they just put some frames together from each piece he does. Still though, looks good!

theres no way that was done in one take. Look at all the tyre marks before he gets there, like everyone, practice makes perfect. Bet hes done that "circuit" a hundred times.

theres no way that was done in one take. Look at all the tyre marks before he gets there, like everyone, practice makes perfect. Bet hes done that "circuit" a hundred times.

Yer for sure, the part when he goes round the chubaka thing shows the hole floor covered in tyre marks!

Kevin Lynch (Irish Rally Driver) son produced this wee video over in NI.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oy73wPYkPr4[/YOUTUBE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oy73wPYkPr4

Not really Loeb's forte all that drifting and sliding!

Brilliant find fella! That is a really well shot video for a bunch of amateurs, especially given that Block had a producer, sound and camera crew, 30 GoPro cameras etc etc.... Oh and not forgetting several Hollywood film sets!

I wish my Saturday afternoons were like that :bounce:

Incredible video. Reminds me of something from Grand Theft Auto, and the part with Travis Pastrana is mad!!

Yer I reckon there are a lot of practice runs and crashes that we don't see. Wouldn't be that surprised if he didnt go through the whole thing perfectly and they just put some frames together from each piece he does. Still though, looks good!

Far too many hit the nail on the head there mate

i hate ken block stuff with a passion. all the little boy racers i know sing his name, yet none of them have heard of Ari!

real driving:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwvIRuCLbyg

I have to disagree with you on that mate. These days rally has all but been forgotten about, especially by the younger generation. From what I've seen and heard Ken has the right attitude, I mean yeah he's rich, but he does it because he enjoys it, not necessarily because he's any good at it. Let's face it, with his money he could be doing ANYTHING else.

Think of all the future rally and rally cross drivers that will be inspired by seeing his videos and other like him (Pastrana, Foust etc).

Besides, that fiesta in the latest gymkhana vid is the nearest thing to a Group B rally car your gonna get these days :smile:

I have to disagree with you on that mate. These days rally has all but been forgotten about, especially by the younger generation. From what I've seen and heard Ken has the right attitude, I mean yeah he's rich, but he does it because he enjoys it, not necessarily because he's any good at it. Let's face it, with his money he could be doing ANYTHING else.

Think of all the future rally and rally cross drivers that will be inspired by seeing his videos and other like him (Pastrana, Foust etc).

Besides, that fiesta in the latest gymkhana vid is the nearest thing to a Group B rally car your gonna get these days :smile:

true, but i just dont see it as good driving when cars these days have so many technical advances. The good old days of Ari were real cars. None of this ABS and Traction/ESP b0ll0x. Power steering? whats that? lol

i guess theres a difference between hurtling along a single track road on the edge and doing thinsg like this.

Im not old myself, in fact i dont think i actually saw Ari drive before i really got into motorsport, but i think it takes more balls, guts and skill to drive like Ari than it does to do stunts in modern cars.

I think he's doing a good thing, getting people to notice rallying, so what if he's done quite a few runs it still looks really cool and still takes a lot of skill!

And that jumping turn thing at 5min 45seconds is unreal!

...Some stuff...

I completely agree there though, it's a different world these guys are in, especially compared to the old days of Rallying (which I'm too young to remember first hand too haha). I think Ken (et al) have to be taken for what they are and not directly compared to the past. I mean Alonso is the most talented F1 driver in the paddock right now, but you can't compare the technology in his car and all his safety devices with the old greats like Moss, Stewart, Senna, Prost etc. He just isn't taking the same risks, that's not his fault though.

i dont think he is "promoting" rallying....more a showcase for his shoes!!!!

there is excellent cinemaphotography

Bring back Group B. The drivers know the risks, if they don't want to do it no-one is forcing them to!

O/T: If I was offered the driving skill of Block or Vatanen, I'd take Vatanen every time!

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jostheboss Motorsport 15