Has anyone tried these ?

Hi all,

Time for new brakes all round, so i was looking at the below, wondered if anyone has tried them ? im torn between these due to the price, or a set of M-Tec brakes as they're also a good price.. ?

also, off topic slightly, but is there a way to tell if your tyres are 'stepped.. :L' ? got told my rear tyres are and thats whats causing, what i thought to be, a wheel bearing on its way out noise.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renaultsp...ultDomain_3&hash=item3a8d0692db#ht_607wt_1156

thanks in advance,
Andrew

Last edited:
Mtec brakes been tried and are a good aftermarket option, only speaking about them last night with someone, they are what I'm getting next!

there was a thread about these couple of weeks back, have a scan in the forum.

Just read through it about 10 mins ago i think thats my mind made up !! I dont do any track days as there arent that many organised over here so it would just be normal road use and the odd blast over the mountain :thumbup:

I literally have no idea why i put warped.. what a :whatever:, i meant stepped!! :lol: i have no idea what that means anyway, i put my car into the garage and was told i needed new discs and pads etc and my tyres are 'excessivley stepped'

I can definitely recommend the Mtec brakes - reasonably priced, quick delivery too. I've not used them on a track, however they're very good on the road. There are better set ups out there, but for general and fast road use, they're great.

I'm definitely going for Mtec, price is great, I'm unsure as to whether to get the coating on them, I read in here that it fades away and looks odd, when the black coating wears away if you get me ? Only want them for road use so should do the trick ! Very helpful team as well answered any questions I had almost instantly !

Been quoted £264ish for front and rear discs, front and rear pads,copper grease and there giving 500ml of brake fluid when you spend £100+

I've used them on cadwell park, on a Fiesta ST.. Well they were Piranha discs but there the same company an disc as MTEC.
they were brilliant disc's, on track an road use. I'm going to get them for the 197 soon!

can only recommend..got dimpled and grooved...u can have them coated but i didnt..went and got some heat proof paint for a fiver and did it myself..just the rotor obviously...thumbs up for Mtec....

I'm going for brembo on the front and mintex on the back, mines only for general use and the odd blast on the mountain.