Has your gearbox been replaced? Yes or no?

Have you had the gearbox in your 197 / 200 replaced?

• No - I'm still running the original gearbox

Votes: 420 72.9%
  • Yes - I'm running a replacement gearbox

Votes: 156 27.1%

• Total voters
A few people have said to me it's how you treat your box. I wondered if those who drive their card hard are prone to their box going

A few people have said to me it's how you treat your box. I wondered if those who drive their card hard are prone to their box going

it should still take flat out gearshifts.....Honda ctr gearboxes can take it!

Mine was fine till i gave it to the wife........................

make your own mind up on that one.

Mine is now on 56k 07 plate original box but 3rd to 4th has been suffering steadily since I bought it and it's now gotten to the point where it's driving me mad.
I've allocated money aside to have a new box bought from eBay but has anybody had theirs rebuilt with stronger Synchros or know anybody who offers the service? I don't want to put another chocolate box back in if I can help it as it may end up needing doing again!

Replaced just before I got it last November, done less than 5000 miles now crunching into 4th, same as previous box. Wondering if it could be a clutch issue?

57 Plate Clio 197

45,000 miles now, but had a replacement 200 gearbox fitted at 33,000. Renault Leicester contributed roughly 80% towards the cost and fitted a new clutch etc.

yes - 53,000m on the clock with a 003 gearbox and the clutch disintegrated and chucked a spring around the bell housing causing some pretty bad damage including about 5 holes in the bell housing and 1 into the gearbox. and so took the opportunity to replace it with the 024, but now it needs a remap! was an expensive few days...

yes - 53,000m on the clock with a 003 gearbox and the clutch disintegrated and chucked a spring around the bell housing causing some pretty bad damage including about 5 holes in the bell housing and 1 into the gearbox. and so took the opportunity to replace it with the 024, but now it needs a remap! was an expensive few days...

You wouldn't need a remap by putting a a later gearbox on