Headlight bulbs

I want to change my headlight bulbs to the bright brilliant white with blue tint coulour you see on various cars such as audi,merc,bmw etc.

Might sounds a silly question but what are these bulbs called. Is it xenon?:confused1:

Also is access to the front bulbs very restricted? Any info will be of help.

Cheers Ben.:-p

Most newer cars use HID lighting the bulb tint varies on the Heat level of the Lamp which is normally 4000k-White, 6000k-Bright white (Normally the brightest) 8000k-White with a blue tint (Can get pulled for these) 10,000k-Blue and Purple, 12,000- Purple. The access to fit these kind of lights is a biatch tbh i would recommend taking the bumper off to make a propa job.

Worth noting that the 197 and 200 use different bulbs so if its a 197 with non projectors its H7, the 200 with the same spec is H1, which i found out to me disappointment. I would offer you my old H7 8000k but im not confident I havent touched the buld on removing them and tryin to fit them the second time round.

That was a frustrating day, always do it without removing the bumper, thats sounds too much like hard work. :jumpon:

Cheers for the info lads.

So if i want the bright bulbs then they would be H7 (as its a 197) and white/blue tint ( which is what im after) which is 8000k?

Taking the bumper off sounds a big job so i think ill try it buy dislocating my hands to get them out and in first :bounce:

So might sound stupid but best to avoid touching the bulb itself during installation then?

Cheers for the help:thumbup1:

Cheers for the info lads.

So if i want the bright bulbs then they would be H7 (as its a 197) and white/blue tint ( which is what im after) which is 8000k?

Taking the bumper off sounds a big job so i think ill try it buy dislocating my hands to get them out and in first :bounce:

So might sound stupid but best to avoid touching the bulb itself during installation then?

Cheers for the help:thumbup1:
do not touch the bulb
drivers side not to bad to do
passanger side is a bit of a bitch but takin of a few bits its doable

the ultra brilliance ones are good for visability mate.

xenon are factory fitted bulbs

Nah u won't get pulled for 8k might fail mot for beam irregularity thgh

mine past wit 8000k, but mine were xenon from factory, which i was told u can go up2 8000k due 2 the washers or the projectors or sumat

i have 8000k in projector headlight. never been stopped and never had any problems with m.o.t Also, cars that come with xenon's as standard like bmw, audi etc come with 4700k which are pure white and are brightest because it's the closest to sunlight., from then on as the colour temperature gets higher they become less bright but are still f***ing bright. 6000k is with a slight blue tint and these are as high as i would go in non projector headlights to avoid trouble with police. 8000k are blue full stop.
My girlfriend has a twingo and I put Ring Xenonmax 100% bulbs in it which i recommend for a normal halogen headlight. they give off a bright, white light at night (excuse the rhyme, i'm a lyrical genius lol) and they have a blue band around the bulb so when you look at them a certain way it gives a blue tint.

sorry for the 10,000 word essay lol. Got quite a thing for changing bulbs haha!

Changed the headlights at the weekend, the bumper DOES NOT have to come off to do it, neither do the wheels. Simply remove the battery and its tray and you can get at the passenger side lights no problem. Then the drivers side you can do without removing anything. It's a bit tight but all these stories of having to remove bumpers and the job taking an hour is nonsense.

Changed the headlights at the weekend, the bumper DOES NOT have to come off to do it, neither do the wheels. Simply remove the battery and its tray and you can get at the passenger side lights no problem. Then the drivers side you can do without removing anything. It's a bit tight but all these stories of having to remove bumpers and the job taking an hour is nonsense.

Bump a topic after 5 years lol!

OT: Ive done mine both ways, with the bumper off and without. Lets put it like this, id rather spend half an hour and get the bumper off then scrape my knuckles up.

Reactions: Elviic