Headlights - In summary

Hi Guys

There seems to be good knowledge on changing over headlight units to upgraded versions on this forum. Could we summarise the types of units fitted to the 197 in one thread? The information is scattered so would be useful for quick reference. Perhaps to include steps to upgrade, possible options, etc.

e.g. (might be wrong here!)

- Standard Halogen
- Black Projector (optic)
- Black projector with cornering
- Xenon, etc

Also, I would like to upgrade to the black surround on my R27 from the standard halogen. Ideally would like OEM Xenon units fitted, but black surround without cornering would be fine. Could anyone answer the questions please?

1) Can I upgrade to OEM Xenons easily?
2) If not, can I simply buy black projector type non cornering units and plug them in?

Anyone's advice would be appreciated!

Thanks

Phil

Xenons not possible, unless you change all wiring/connectors, ECU, etc which will cost 50% of the value of the car

black projector non-cornering yes - straight swap - cost approx £350

I have fitted the projected lights to mine, hey are direct fit and the cornering unit just doesn't work. The ones on eBay are good I got mine from same place,half the price of Renault. Any probs pm me

Sweet, thanks all.

Just bought new black surround optics from Ebay total £150, same ones linked by f1team07. Fitting shouldnt be a problem, I heard a rumour that the bumper has to come off?

The HID conversion would be the next project, so thanks Kevo66.

They look so much better in black. Had a contract hire clio 1.2tce (runaround!) before my R27. That had optics; wish had swapped them over before sending it back now, LOL.