hesitating throttle of clio 197

N

NeoJFK

hi. Since i bought my clio a year ago i always was upset with the hesitating throttle at low RPM
it is like the car is struggling a bit to deliver the power
It feels like steps in the power for example when arriving around a speed bump you shift to second
then when you want to accelerate power comes a bit then stops then jump a bit then stop then jump again until it reaches 3.5 or 4000 rpm after there is no issues.

All filters have been changed + spark plugs, injector cleaned at renault
i never had to chance to drive another one and i am wondering if you are experiencing the same issues.
this is getting worse when AC is on by the way
To illustrate what i say i drew a graph or power (at least it feel like it)
help :smile:

grapah.jpg

hi there..there are a few things to check...those flat spots might be caused by following:
check if you have a standard exhaust or an aftermarket one...could have been decated too...
people usualy go for a remap if this happens.. @Raptor6767 can manufacture a lightweight crank pulley which helps with the throttle response..
another tip is to check this thread:
http://www.clio197.net/forum/showth...ded-FLAT-SPOT&highlight=fix+dreaded+flat+spot
hope it helps

Last edited:
hi Pav and thanks
the car is full Stock
I cannot access the link you gave me

no problem mate..The thread is in the "how to" section which can be accessed if you are a paid member..well worth it mate..£5 a per year...

I am pretty sure it has somethign to do with the injection. When i got my car back from service they did clean the injectors. The issue was gone for 2 days then it came back
can it be related to a MAF sensor or something?

Become a member and theres a nice little guide for getting rid of flat spots to do with the map sensor...

hi guys, so i became a member and saw the Map sensor trick. Abvisouly i BROKE it when i tried to remove it. I am in Dubai and they are selling it at a crazy price (around 200 euros!) Can you tel me if the sensors sold on ebay at aroudn 20 euros the same? or any idea where i cant get a god cheaper one online?
thanks a lot

hi guys, so i became a member and saw the Map sensor trick. Abvisouly i BROKE it when i tried to remove it. I am in Dubai and they are selling it at a crazy price (around 200 euros!) Can you tel me if the sensors sold on ebay at aroudn 20 euros the same? or any idea where i cant get a god cheaper one online?
thanks a lot

I can get you a Facet one (aftermarket, not OEM part) for 59€ + shipping (shouldn't be more than €20 but will check if you're interested).

5p2xhf.jpg

Have this one on my car.

However, if your car acts like that, I would check other sensors too and the TB like Fox wrote.

Last edited:
Thanks Raptor i found it for around 60 euros here in Dubai. I will clean the throttle body as well. Do i have to completely remove it? what other sensors would you check ?

You have to remove it completely, use some carb/chock spray to clean it (could clean it with disc cleaner too probably).

2014-08-09122817.jpg

2014-08-09122756.jpg

AFTER

2014-08-09124133.jpg

2014-08-09124147.jpg

Camshaft position sensor
Crankshaft pulse sensor

I would check in that order.

A sprintbooster helps smooth out the flat spot too.

there are a lot of little things you can do to minimize the flat spot. Best to read up and gauge opinions.

I managed to to break someone else's map sensor trying to do the fix too :worried: