HID Fitted Pictures

Hi, just recieved my HID kit from kevo66 - cant fault his service and got them in a few days - thanks alot mate!

However im just after a few pictures of them fitted (ie under the engine bay)

hopefully somebody could post something up.

thanks in advance
JAM

can do the morn, cant be arsed going outside the now cause its very ****ing cold and ...........the drivers side HID on mine aint ****ing working!! so the front end is coming off yet again. *******ing thing. what rating did you get? i got 6000k and the same for the fog lights.

Are you looking for somewhere to mount the ballast boxes ?? I can't see what benifits a picture of under the bonnet would do as you can't see anything hid related .

What you need to do is take the bumper off to start with two bolts in the inner wing , 4 on the slam panel , four or so underneath . Then remove the headlights and fit the hid bulbs. Then with the bumper of you need to mount the ballast boxes there are a few places under where the headlights mount or on the inner side of the crash bar at the front. The can be stuck on using numer plate stickers or cable tied on.

Hope this helps

to be honest I never removed my bumper to fit mine. to much like hard work. I mounted one on the battery cover and the other down a wee space next to the engine. Safe enough, cant get damaged and had no issues. Although I went for 8000k so do get flashed at maybe ones a day, but the blue tint looks excellent. post pics tonight for it.

Hid fitted without bumper removal . Hero ... BUT with tiny girl like hands obviouslly lol

hidfitting4.gif

Drivers side much easier than passenger. (RHD car) Started on Passenger side by removing all batter covers, fuse box covers and Air intake next to battery (2 bolts). Positioned the ballast on the smaller of the batter covers and made sure they would all go back on.

hidfitting2.gif

Drivers side was easier but still a pain in the neck (and hands). Alot of tubing that gets in your way. Mounted it next to the engine in an area where it was nice and cool, dry and most importantly no moving parts to touch. Tie rapped it onto a support next to the engine. Not a mechanic so have no idea what the name of the support is called. But it was just in the right place at the right time.

hidfitting.gif

Not the best looking for a tried to keep it as neat as possible without anything being obstructed. End result Im happy with.
Did the side lights at the same time which were no problem at all. All in took about an hour.

hidfitting3.gif

I know the lights and engine bay are mockit. Will get a clean very soon.

Last edited:
tBh I'd would and have just removed the bumper and do a neat job.

But it's personal opinion .

sorry mate, was planning on getting some pictures of mine up but the ****ing thing aint working! which has made going out at night in my car, a little bit of an inconvenience!

Last edited by a moderator:
my ballast box on the passenger side is right down where the fuse box is next to the battery and the drive side ballast box is attached by a bolt just behind the light