Hoping for positive answers...

Hi All,

I finally bit the bullet over the weekend and had my centre silencer removed.
I was hoping for the raspiness, pops and bangs... although my immediate reaction is that it's slightly louder and raspier but no pops or bangs as of yet :worried:

Will the exhaust note change after a few days/weeks of driving or will it be in its final state already?

Any advice/experiences are welcomed :smile:

Well if you got a new exhaust, then it would change over time as it beds in.

But if you've just removed for centre silencer in the standard system, id be inclined to say thats probably how its going to be. Could be wrong though.

i get more pops and bangs when i go for it on a country lane and downshift....mmmmmmm
its only a little louder and a little more "raw" than the original.

I never got many pops from removing just the silencer (just first-second from cold), wasn't until I removed the main cat I got pops and bangs. Then once I fitted the cat back with a de-cat it pops and bangs all the time.
:tongueout:anic:

you need to remove your cats for pops and bangs and even then you would be better of just getting a pops and bangs map

When I removed the centre silencer from my car it sounded awful when I first drove it. However the shiny new pipe soon coked up and and the sound grew into that of awesome proportions with a few pops here and there.