How did you find clio197/200.net?

Maz

Platinum Member
I was told about this place by Gazeratti so you can all blame him for me being here :wink: lol

How did you?

Sam Cook, but I don't see him on here or anywhere else actually very often!

i have been wanting to buy a 197 for ages now so i googled it and found 197.net.

i joined up to find out the tuning potential of these cars before i bought one.

and now im here, happy days

Was on clio197.com before it became obsolete, along with a few others. Made the move the day Jase opened it and never looked back.

Bought the car, and a friend said that there would be a forum for that type of car, so gooooooogled it, and hey presto here I am!

:bash::bash::bash::bash:

:smiley:

I was around when it began, but over on Cs.net. I saw it mentioned a few times on there but didn't see much point in signing up until I actually had one of the cars :wink:

I use the RS forum quite a bit. Met F1team07, aka Paul, who then mentioned this place in the pub one day.

Although it's not the busiest forum in the world, I like it as you get to find out who people are and what they're like pretty quick

I think Paul had been on here for a few months and suggested I got my own log in when kept suggesting responses to him when he was on! So I did and here I am!

I can't remember! Lol! I joined RS forum when I put a deposit down on the car. But I was very unimpressed with it. Then in may I think I was just searching google as most were above and stumbled across the site.

Sam Cook, but I don't see him on here or anywhere else actually very often!

sams VTS was thee cleanist i have ever seen. i remember seeing his car and he had scrubbed the underside of it and cleaned the rear beam for a show and shine.

he has a black 197 IIRC?

sams VTS was thee cleanist i have ever seen. i remember seeing his car and he had scrubbed the underside of it and cleaned the rear beam for a show and shine.

he has a black 197 IIRC?

White one sir, and my first ever trip to the Nurburgring, we convoyed. Me in Suki, him in is VTS!

I adored his car :smile:

Let tell you all a little story, are you sitting comfortably.

A long long time ago in a galaxy far far away there was a place called 'clio197.com'
I was sent a link(through pm on cs)to said site by the lad that ran owned it a few days before going live.
The site had a a few major floors,main one being the fact he had to manually activate all members. This soon got stupidly uncontrollable with spam bots.
The owner soon had very little time for the site due to work commitments and all genuine new members were not getting activated.
I was very clear to see that the site was not going to last very long and he just wouldn't create mods to let them help.
I was getting pm's, emails, contacted on fb asking what was happening but he still would not even answer messages.

Around that timemy best mate(tim) bought and moved into his first house.
The weekend before he was due to move in, his brother got taken ill in London.
To help him out I offered to decorate the house top to bottom for him while he was away for the weekend.
The purchase of the house had wiped tim's funds out. I'd been talking to him about .com and how it was going to die. The week after wehad a house warming party for him and he offered to create a web site for me.
.net was chosen against his suggestions due to a few reasons(cs,megsport and my old club 'ukmkivs.net)
The site was thrown together quite quickly originally as to catch the members of .com before its death(rip). Within a week of the launch of .net .com went off line.
I did explain exactly to .com owner what I was planning I he was perfectly happy about it, so don't worry i wasn't poaching members.

And so www.clio197.net was born.

I would love to say it's been a breeze but I'd never even moderatedon a site let aloan owned/ran one. It has been a massive learning curve for me and I'm still learning each and every day.

This is actually the 3rd version of .net
1.created by Tim using different software and worked fine for over a year until getting hacked and the site data was completely trashed.
2.took the chance to get leckie onboard and make the move over to vB (but to start with till funds aloud were using a free :wink: version. Wasn't long at all before we were found out and was time to dip my hand in my pocket)
3.created the current version of .net with official software.

Last edited: