How hard do you use your Clio?

dangerdaz

Platinum Member
Had my 200 since March 2011.
It's my everyday/track car.
I have done 16k miles & 14 trackdays so far.
The car has never missed a beat, gets over serviced & is modified but still used hard 8)

I brought mine for the same thing - something reliable and usable every day but also something I could do a few events in.

Unfortunately I haven't had the time for the events (and tbh the car is in too nicer condition still at the mo) and I can now fly or use the train or company car for work...

So basically not very hard and I have only covered 1,800 miles in 10 months.

Brought December 2011 and then done 12 track days 9 laps of the ring and 14500 miles.

Have had a stuck piston in a caliper , front and rear discs and pads , de laminated b pillar vynal and thats about it !

Bores me to death driving it about daily especially the commute , the flat spot is terrible now and its just generally a chore so i find hammering it on track a small comfort to an other wise dull ownership experience.

Last edited:
Bought in March 2010 and now just ticked over 31k.

Emma drives it to work and back every day the only problem with it was 4th gear synchro being shagged meaning new gearbox.

She is mildly modified but mechanically looked after (Same cant be said about the exterior). Scared with a few scratches and dings but she's meant to be driven, not detailed.

She's managed 1 track day of Silverstone national circuit (Pish circuit tbh) and a good few hundreds worth of laps around Knockhill (Both ways).

The only thing that worries me is the gearbox tbh. Was replaced with the same "crappy design" as was removed. Unfortunately before they changed the synchros to single piece as opposed to 3 piece.

The sooner I can get shot of the box (Meg transplant time) the better in my view.

had mine 9 months, drive it hard sometimes use it every day for work. ive had a shagged hub carrier 2 drop links, gearbox replaced, flexi pipes blown and replaced and 1 track rod end, my repairs are getting much bigger than my mods list :tongueout:

She is mildly modified but mechanically looked after (Same cant be said about the exterior). Scared with a few scratches and dings but she's meant to be driven, not detailed.

She's managed 1 track day of Silverstone national circuit (Pish circuit tbh) and a good few hundreds worth of laps around Knockhill (Both ways).

Is it Emma or the car you are talking about :slap:

My daily commute is called ''The Mobberley GP''. :thumbup:

When I'm not commuting, she's only used for blasts and trackdays as we don't really need a car for anything else. Caroline works two minutes walk from where we live and she doesn't drive, she's probably in the car twice a month on average. Lewis (lil'un) is probably in the car once a week on average...

I don't thrash her from cold, but once she's warm and if the cirumstances permit then she's driven how Renaultsport intended.

She's strong like Bull for it, I firmly believe that if you drive them as they were designed (any car) then you won't go wrong.

Had mine since Jan 2011. Since then it has done 24.5k miles. Road use everyday and then its seen Goodwood, Spa, Silverstone, Le Mans, Brands and the Ring numerous times.

Its had its engine replaced with a megane lump.

And through all this, other than maintenence, its never let me down or missed a beat.

Solid as a rock, hence why it will be with me for a very long time!

Not hard atall and still brakes....LOL

Come to think of it....its back in tomorrow

Proving my point exactly!!! :shout:

Drive the poor girl, give her a nice cuddle and a talking to and then thrash her brains out down the lanes!!! :thumbup1:

Had mine since April and so far notching up 7k mileage slowed down now as got a new daily runner, but she's getting a few more track days so will be used for what it's built for now :smile:

Only had mine 4 months. Just gave it a good ringing down the local country lanes. Only have it for blasts as have a diesel hack for mileage. First trip out in it in 10 days as haven't had chance. Superb car.

Great stuff so far guys.
Seems to be the more you use her the less she plays up!
Gearboxes excluded 8(

Hahaha, depends how harsh you are on your shifts!!! :wink:

And anyway, these boxes are FAR better than the semi-auto paddles in DB9 Astons. Trust me, they are SH!TE.

Great stuff so far guys.
Seems to be the more you use her the less she plays up!
Gearboxes excluded 8(

Mine's on 63k on the original box (AFAIK). I really dolly the shifts when driving in traffic, but when I'm pressing on I slam them in :smiley:.

I aim to redline it when possible as well. Might as well have bought a 1.5dci if you want economy :thumbup:

i don't do many miles,4000 a year tops but as soon as the old girl is fully warmed up she gets a good spanking,my first track day is only 3 days away now and i'm pretty sure it won't be my last,look after your car and it will look after you so i'm with willis on that one,use not cruise!