How much oil did you use during run in?

It's a quick reference guide Maz, you still need to routinely check the dipstick to get an accurate reading of the oil level.

My oil has been changed twice since brand new and its only done 7500 miles.
Not had to top it up inbetween changing it either. :wink:

On another note though;

A lady friend of mine phone me up Sunday evening, said there was a light on her dash (Clio mk3) not sure what it was. Anyway went round to hers to have a look. As you do! :smiley:
Looked under the hood and noticed the coolant bottle was filled to the brim!
:nope:
Asked her if she had filled it up and yes she had! SOME Women eh!! :smiley:

Mine needed a litre at three thousand miles, but hasn't needed any more so far.

Mine never goes down, I change it every 6k though and use Shell Helix Fully Synthetic. I've found that if you use 99RON fuel and always warm the car properly you never burn oil.

Mines done 7000miles and haven't had to top it up, just changed the oil at 6000miles.
I tend to check my dipstick and tyre pressures every weekend, but i'm a bit weird, lol

Mines done 7000miles and haven't had to top it up, just changed the oil at 6000miles.
I tend to check my dipstick and tyre pressures every weekend, but i'm a bit weird, lol

Nah mate you ain't weird. Tyre pressures do go down, especially if the tyres get hot regularly.

I get my tracking done every 3-4 weeks and tyres done every 2 weeks. Any tyre that's not right will affect the handling and enjoyment of the car.

As for oil, yeah you should always check it and keep an eye on the engine bay :smile:

I get my tracking done every 3-4 weeks

I had my tracking done for first time last month, the car had done 6000 miles and they said that it was only out by a tiny bit. I've heard of a lot of people getting it done very regularly, though.

I had my tracking done for first time last month, the car had done 6000 miles and they said that it was only out by a tiny bit. I've heard of a lot of people getting it done very regularly, though.

You hit anything more than a minor pot hole at a bit of speed and it will go out.

Deep man hole covers that have not been raised with a new road surface or mashed up road that bangs your suspension will put the alignment for sure.

You can always tell, the car pulls nice and smoothly, effortlessly with no hesitation or engine judder when the alignment is right. It should feel great to drive every time you pull away.

If it doesn't it's out. It really winds me up, it's a poor design by Renault and a big fail by the government who tax us through the earth and give us these **** roads to drive on.

You hit anything more than a minor pot hole at a bit of speed and it will go out.

Deep man hole covers that have not been raised with a new road surface or mashed up road that bangs your suspension will put the alignment for sure.

You can always tell, the car pulls nice and smoothly, effortlessly with no hesitation or engine judder when the alignment is right. It should feel great to drive every time you pull away.

If it doesn't it's out. It really winds me up, it's a poor design by Renault and a big fail by the government who tax us through the earth and give us these **** roads to drive on.

Will keep an 'eye' out, so to speak.

Or when your tracking is out aim for another pothole to correct it . :wink:

Disclaimer* I cannot be held responsible for any other damage this may cause...