How to earn a £25 parking ticket...

After a nice trip to Chester Zoo, 'R lass' and I, thought it would be nice to go for a pint in Chester and shop a little.....so we did.

I parked in a multi storey car park, in the 'market' I believe, and found a car parking spot which was besides a supporting concrete column. I parked there and purposely took abit of the bay beisdes it. Reason being, the car in the adjacent spot to the empty one I was partially occupying, had parked over his/her bay, subsequently making the spot between his car and mine a tight fit !!!

Nevertheless, with my self attitude, I left it there. Enjoyed the rest of my day and came back to see I had been ticked. :worried:

I deserved every bit of it. But I reacted. (laughing :lol: then swearing :f1team07: then laughing :tongueout: ).

I didn't realise that traffic wardens had power to issue tickets to idiots, like me, inside secure car parking facilities, and where your ticket (fee) is paid on exit.

I was wrong! :smiley:

8198850921_f0e8d51a71.jpg
Parking :blush: by Dean0Mac, on Flickr

It was an exspensive stay...but, Chester zoo was brilliant. I recommend. Even in Novemeber.

8198850975_92895a958e.jpg
Chester Zoo by Dean0Mac, on Flickr

8199943762_9a264a8fc6.jpg

8199943808_f70c9ab59f.jpg

8198851143_e645d531eb.jpg

Not as if you are just over lol

Our works car park is run by a national and the are ver keen unless its an end bay.

Cheaper than having some dumbass in a 4x4 with 8 kids squeeze in next to you and put dents all over your car. 25 pounds well spent in my view! LOL

Not as if you are just over lol

Our works car park is run by a national and the are ver keen unless its an end bay.

I accept completely I deserve it. I'm badass Yowww. :smile:

did the other car get one....

No, that car didn't. That parking in the photo is actually alright compared with the car that replaced it, once I came back from pub and shopping. There was a BMW with a full car tyre over the line.

Still no ticket. I reckon warden probably was jeluuuus of my car...:smiley:

soon to be seen on yplac.com :wink:

Can't wait :smile:

Cheaper than having some dumbass in a 4x4 with 8 kids squeeze in next to you and put dents all over your car. 25 pounds well spent in my view! LOL

Exactly what I said. That's weird!

I can't see it being long before I get caught.

I had some dweeb in a people carrier smash my rear quarter in on my 197, so I just double park in most places now. A ticket is worth the 100+ for a respray

3cd1af9a2a7611e2a3461231380f8a27_7.jpg

I always park either right at the top out of the way or the furthest away in tesco, my misses always used to moan till she got a nice dent in her rear quarter now she does the same...

I can't see it being long before I get caught.

I had some dweeb in a people carrier smash my rear quarter in on my 197, so I just double park in most places now. A ticket is worth the 100+ for a respray

3cd1af9a2a7611e2a3461231380f8a27_7.jpg

True. I got caught early!

I always park either right at the top out of the way or the furthest away in tesco, my misses always used to moan till she got a nice dent in her rear quarter now she does the same...

Tesco I bad. People with trolleys and the like! No thanks.

Is it a council issued ticket?

If not, file it into the bin for further referenace.. :smile:

EDIT: Is it a Parking charge notice or a penalty charge notice. If its a parking charge notice, ignore it. If its a penalty charge notice from the council and not a private firm, pay up..

Last edited:

EDIT: Is it a Parking charge notice or a penalty charge notice. If its a parking charge notice, ignore it. If its a penalty charge notice from the council and not a private firm, pay up..

Don't do this ^

If you have broken the rules, you have to take it like a man and pay what you owe, if you feel it's unjustified then you have the right to appeal. Rules changed 1st October 2012.

http://www.theaa.com/public_affairs/reports/parking-tickets-private-land.html

Council :worried: goes up to £50 if not paid in 14days of issue.

If it is a coucil one I'd appeal then. Stating the reasons in the OP as to why you where parked "outside" the bay. Aslong as you do this inside the 14 days they should extend the discount period until the case is settled.

And chris is right, I'd totally forgot about the changes. Don't listen to my advice, its outdated now. I always keep an eye on pepipoo and I've not seen many cases resolved yet.

I'll pay it. Cheers for advice an'all.

It's £25 and not worth the hassle. I delibreately parked like a tool.......Yes to avoid some other tool parking in a bay which is challenging, at best. If I knew I was going to get fined. I would have found a space which was big enough (not like they were any, but I would have waited).

Experience pays.

I'm sure 99% of us park over if we can.

I do! Just not in a pay and display car park for the ticket issue.

If you came back to a dint it would have cost you more than £25 to fix so look at it that way.

Oh and pay in stamps. Which iirc you can!

I'm sure 99% of us park over if we can.

I do! Just not in a pay and display car park for the ticket issue.

If you came back to a dint it would have cost you more than £25 to fix so look at it that way.

Oh and pay in stamps. Which iirc you can!

Stamps?!!

I'm planning on just gerrin old bank card out :bye2:

I always go for an end bay then park as far over as possible tight up to the curb to try prevent people damaging my motors. The electric mirrors come in handy for tight parking up for the curbs :smile:

Well I'm expecting a bollocking from the boss tomorrow morning...

I got back to the farm where we keep the trucks (boss' parents) to find that some prick of a contractor who's been doing the roadworks nearby has parked literally against the side of Nicole. Less than an inch between the side of the Transit and my wing mirror. Drivers side, which meant I was near enough blocked in and i it wasn't for me being slim then I wouldn't have been able to get in on the other side as I was parked up against a barn...

So anyway, one of the wing mirrors fell of the Transit and somehow a giant cock appeared on the windscreen condensation.

Next time I'll winch the Transit in the truck and move it 5 Miles down the road.

They can f?ck off, it's a massive yard, no need to park like a c?nt.

Last edited: