I want noisy brakes

Gez, floating rotors ''float'' on the bell (obviously we are talking mm here, better tolerances when expand-contract during heat cycles)

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=f...riction-308mm-floating-brake-discs%2F;800;500

on a 2 piece set the rotor is fixed on the bell

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=2...speed%2Fproduct.php%3Fid_product%3D82;600;600

Angel still waiting for than link for the anti squeaking pads!!

your a star for clearing that up for me buddy :smile: thank you :smile:

Angel, so the 330mm disks you offer are fixed, yes? If I'm right then that clears that up haha

Just to let you know, the pads that squeal generally don't work well when cold...with the higher metal compound in the pads, so just bare in mind that just for a noise, it may affect your braking.

Do you use the car on track?

Blimey, this got a few responses.

Yep - track use is on the cards. I was using Carbotech XP11's (I think) and left them in for road use. Not noisy at all but have to warm up before they work properly.

Noisy brakes because race car, similar reason to wanting a better sounding exhaust etc I suppose.

My mtec drilled and grooved are as quiet as a mouse too. I'm sure some higher temp pads will make em louder

Really? Mine make a pretty noticeable wurring noise on heavy braking. Performance is spot on though, and there's no scoring on the discs (so there's nothing stuck in the pads), so I presumed it was the grooves. It's not a bad noise though, even the Mrs is happy with them :smiley:

This thread has been a cracking read. In summary I need two-piece floating discs and some aggressive PF or CL pads. Done.

I know it seems perverse, but I once fitted Mintex M1144's in my previous 172 Cup. I had the disks skimmed when the pads were fitted and they sounded mental for maybe 500 miles until everything settled down. The brakes would kind of howl if I was braking hard from, erm, 60mph. I actually really enjoyed the noise. I think it awoke the 7-yr old 'spokey-dokey & stick in the wheel' noisy kid inside me.

Happy New Years Eve chaps.

Haha good stuff skiptontweed. I don't really see the problem with noisy brakes, I mean it's hardly like people moan when someone spends 1k on a noisy Akropovic exhaust, so why moan if you want rattly noisy brakes lol. Although, I still reckon squeeking brakes would piss me off :smiley:.