If I've had an engine warning light flash, but then go off, can a fault still be foun

As title says. If I've had the engine warning light flash at Me. Will it still show a fault code even though the light is not on anymore?

Dan

Were you pootling down a hill in 6th at about 30mph when it came on? Mine did this about 18 months ago and hasn't done it since.

Nah I've had it before. Plugged in and came up with a misfire code but we couldn't pinpoint it up the exact cylinder so looks like I'll have to try my local garage to see if there's is a tad more in depth! Don't fancy replacing all coil packs and plugs!

Nah I've had it before. Plugged in and came up with a misfire code but we couldn't pinpoint it up the exact cylinder so looks like I'll have to try my local garage to see if there's is a tad more in depth! Don't fancy replacing all coil packs and plugs!

p0300 by any chance?

p0300 basically means the ecu doesnt know whats causing it or caused it - just that a mis-fire of some sorts have accurred - mines done it from
cold stop/starts and I think its just due to running a slight rich mixture...when cold

p0300 basically means the ecu doesnt know whats causing it or caused it - just that a mis-fire of some sorts have accurred - mines done it from
cold stop/starts and I think its just due to running a slight rich mixture...when cold
Hmmm. Well twice in the last 2 week, mine has done this ....
been driving along, come to slow down in traffic, started juddering (missfiring) then as I've stopped in traffic, the revs dipped low, shot back up. Then dipped that low that it stalled. Now if it was the plugs, I'd have thought it would be doing it all the time. So I can only thing it's one of the coil packs!

That's the thing, don't wanna go buying all the parts and it not be that! Will update when I get a garage to check it over.

dan

when coil packs go they go and don't usually fix themselves....as said lambda sensors have a big influence on mixture control
whilst driving at medium speeds...

when coil packs go they go and don't usually fix themselves....as said lambda sensors have a big influence on mixture control
whilst driving at medium speeds...[/QUOTE
hmm yeah. The car struggles when it's under load at around 1.5k. Hope it's summin cheap and simple!!

I know it's not a common problem on modern cars but could it be damp on the plugs? Had this on my first clio and all I had to do was remove leads and plugs, leave them on the radiator for a while then refit and all was good, was getting the same symptoms described here, and tbf it's a free fix if it is :smile:

Similar Thread Suggestions