I'm back!

Mike_Robo

Official North East Area Photographer.
Paid Member
Hi guys!

After a year and a half of owning a Toyota GT86 I've just done a deal on a GW 200 with cup pack and recaros, picking it up on Saturday!

for those of you who may remember me before the GT86 I had a Clio 200 in Storm Grey.

Although the 86 is/was a cracking car I can't wait to get back to my Renaultsport roots!

Hopefully see some of you on a run out/meet sometime soon :smile:

Hi guys!

After a year and a half of owning a Toyota GT86 I've just done a deal on a GW 200 with cup pack and recaros, picking it up on Saturday!

for those of you who may remember me before the GT86 I had a Clio 200 in Storm Grey.

Although the 86 is/was a cracking car I can't wait to get back to my Renaultsport roots!

Hopefully see some of you on a run out/meet sometime soon :smile:
Welcome back , whats the reason for the change from the GT86?

Thanks for the warm welcome back guys

The reason for changing is basically that I missed the 200, the 86 handles really well and is quick enough, but just lacks the character of the 200s to me. I just miss the noise the clios make on over-run. Where the 86 just seems to be a non event in the sound department - even after adding a milltek exhaust

Welcome back mate. Interesting what you say about the GT86 especially after all the praise the car has got in terms of joyful RWD moments it can offer.

I've never driven one and I'm sure is a great car but the lack of engine character (and power) is enough to put me off from owning one.

Any plans for the 200?

Thanks for the warm welcome back guys

The reason for changing is basically that I missed the 200, the 86 handles really well and is quick enough, but just lacks the character of the 200s to me. I just miss the noise the clios make on over-run. Where the 86 just seems to be a non event in the sound department - even after adding a milltek exhaust
Yeah I also heard many good things about the toyobaru chassis. Interesting about the noise too , I find the F4R pretty uninspiring in that department , good to have you back in the fold though [emoji2]

Welcome back mate. Interesting what you say about the GT86 especially after all the praise the car has got in terms of joyful RWD moments it can offer.

I've never driven one and I'm sure is a great car but the lack of engine character (and power) is enough to put me off from owning one.

Any plans for the 200?
Cheers buddy, yeah don't get me wrong its a cracking car, and i'll be sad to see it go, i've really enjoyed the RWD aspect of it, but i think i've just scratched that itch now.

Well i funnily enough went and picked up a milltek decat non-res system at the weekend, nothing like preplanning! Haha! But that'll be it for a while i think :smile:

Yeah I also heard many good things about the toyobaru chassis. Interesting about the noise too , I find the F4R pretty uninspiring in that department , good to have you back in the fold though [emoji2]
Yeah, it just was a bit tame, in the clio when you downshift you get the odd pops and bangs and a bit of character, where the 86 is more reserved and just drones back down the revs. Cheers buddy!

Thanks for the warm welcome back guys 

I did the same had a Gt86 for 2 years, before that a meg 225, but now 200T.
I missed the acceleration, handling was great.