Inlet manifold removal

LiamRS197

Paid Member
I am looking to remove my upper and lower inlet manifolds, in order to have them sent off to be port-matched and gas flowed and I am after a little bit of advice on how to remove both inlets.

I had a brief search on the how-to guides however couldn't see anything immediately obvious :tired:
If anyone has carried this out, or could help point me in the right direction that would be great.

It would also be interesting to hear from anyone that has had the inlet manifolds port-matched and gas flowed, was it really worth it? Or is it considered a little bit of a gimmick?

I had the pellim cover on and off quite a few times as on the 172 the cover which had to be removed to change spark plugs for one reason every 36,000 miles I did 202,000 miles in that car and never changed the gaskets but after spending £200 porting the gaskets are not a big thing.
1587429599630.png
1587429634148.png

Last edited:
I had the pellim cover on and off quite a few times as on the 172 the cover which had to be removed to change spark plugs for one reason every 36,000 miles I did 202,000 miles in that car and never changed the gaskets but after spending £200 porting the gaskets are not a big thing.

Impressive mileage! I think the gaskets are about £7.00 a piece roughly so you make a good point.

Is porting and gas flowing the inlet manifold really worth it? Be nice to hear from somebody's experience

I have a set in inlet manifolds for possibly doing the same job the men to ask is the Dyno men that have to map afterwards they should recommend someone’s work there is an eBay guy that should put a Dyno graph to his cnc work his work should be repeatable and a graph without other mods should get him a lot more work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: LiamRS197