Insurance have taken a years no claims off me.

So, Basically.

Taken my 3rd year running insurance policy out with Quotemehappy, they've been brilliant so far.

I've been informed I made a claim last year and that I lost my no claims, thus putting my policy up £200. (should be £340)

What they are referring to is a small incident in my previous vehicle last november, I was turning right into a side road, the pedestrian crossing just ahead was on red, as I started to turn a motorbike appeared from god only knows where, he either came through the red light or out of the junction to the left and tried to cut round me.

There was a police traffic car a few cars back, behind a truck who only saw me turning right and the motorbike collide with me, not how the motorbike came to be there in the first place.

No damage to either vehicles apart from some tyre marks to my bumper, I was advised by the policeman to just let my insurance company know just incase of any damage to the bike arising later on.

I did, thought nothing more of it till a few weeks ago when I sorted out my new policy, quotemehappy emailed to say that I forgot to add my "claim" to the policy and they've amended it, removed a years no claims and put my policy up.

No claim was ever made by me or the other party.

They are refusing to accept no claim was made or paid out for, Essentially punishing me for doing the honest thing.

Help!?

Trading standards?

Perhaps mention that to the insurance company, then they might change there tune.

Tough one.

You can demand details of the claim to be sent to you. If it can't be resolved with the insurer, you can contact the FOS, who at very favourable to the consumer.

That is absolutely scandalous! ! Will do anything to put a premium up on price. How can companys get away with this ?? If there hasn't been a claim made ie any repairs then how can they justify this!!! Makes you wonder about being HONEST supposedly doin the right thing!!! Feel for you pal.

what you need to do is ask them about their complaints procedure - start a complaint off - if you don't like how they handle it/result you can take it to the insurance ombudsman who will look at it and if they think its valid enforce action on them...

Thanks guys, after another day of being bounced from one department to another, each saying the previous department should be able to deal with it, I've contacted the ombudsman and they are sending a letter to the insurance company with hope of getting this resolved.

Going to ring trading standards on monday too, not taking this lying down.

I'll keep this updated with my progress.

I expect they will be treating it as an accident, rather than a claim. Which of course they wouldn't think twice about increasing your premium. I expect if u read the details carefully about the situations whereby they can reduce no claims, an accident regardless of whether claim was made will be one of them.

Good to hear you have the ombudsman backing you up. I should think you have a good case against your insurer - why on earth would they reduce the NCB when you've made no claim! An increase in premium is to be expected because you declared the accident, but that shouldn't affect the NCB.

Similar Thread Suggestions