K Tec camshaft upgrade

Clarki99

Paid Member
Interested in hearing from anybody who has had the K Tec camshaft upgrade on a Mk3 Clio 200.

Do you notice the difference, any reliability issues etc?

No replies please telling me I should spend the money on forced induction etc - I like the revvy racer feel.

thanks

Mine is booked in on 10th April for that.... From what I've read, cams, air intake and exhaust and remap. You will be looking about 20 bhp on these. Like litchy said, it's not a great return for the money. I'm still getting it done tho. :wink:

I was always a massive fan of the Rev hungry NA engine.. When the car was having is meg engine put in I thought I would miss the NA engine so much..... Now I realise that the NA F4r is pretty **** tbh.... Don't bother wasting your money, get it megged.. I can still hit nearly 7k

I was always a massive fan of the Rev hungry NA engine.. When the car was having is meg engine put in I thought I would miss the NA engine so much..... Now I realise that the NA F4r is pretty **** tbh.... Don't bother wasting your money, get it megged.. I can still hit nearly 7k

Its not that bad lol! It does make a nice difference with cams, feels a lot more rev hungry. It is nice to thrash an NA sometimes, glad i have both options to be honest.

Evo magazine reviewed the Ktec package, I'm struggling to find a link however. They commented that it was a fair bit of money but would be a nice treat to lavish upon your clio IIRC.

Gotta be worth it for a few notes if you are changing the cambelt? Which I think is 6yrs so my 200 will be needing doing next yr as one of the earlier 59 plate 200's. If I still own it by then I'll drop some in I think.