keycard question

hi recently bought my clioi :smile: loving it but dont get the keycard. i have a aftermarket stereo so only get time and date on the top screen but never asks to insert card in reader and when i do insert it does nothing is this normal ? also how far does the card go in is it sposed to click as when i have a keyring on it it doesnt go in much is that enough ?any help will be much appreciated

You don't have to put it in the holder, you don't really gain/lose anything by doing so to my knowledge. No, they don't click into place, it just slots in maybe 3/4 of the way.

The only time you'll need to put it in the slot (from what I can remember) is if you want to drive with the boot open or similar (I had some large items in the boot and tied it shut, car wouldn't start unless I put the key in the slot)

Mine never asks for the card to be inserted, only to be removed when the car is turned off. Not too sure about how far it should go in, as i have keyrings and never put the card in to the slot :smile:

You don't have to insert the card for the engine to turn over. Its more of a slot/holder than a reader.

Hi there, you don't need to put the key card in the slot to drive the car. Just keep in in your pocket ect

Similar Thread Suggestions